The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this site. I actually stumbled on it looking for info on this subject. I drive a 2007 Kenworth T-800 Frac Truck and the halogen headlights are terrible. The huge bumper we have on the front doesn't help us out at all either. I was wondering if anyone had any info on these HID conversions for this vehicle.

·
22 Posts
ID LIKE TO DO THE SAME ON A 379 PETE MECHANICS TRUCK RUNNING AROUND ON SMALL COUNTY RDS AFTER DARK SOMETIMES IS A PAIN. ITS OK IF YOU AT LEAST KNOW THE RD

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
For those tiny lights, it's gonna be a struggle. If nothing else, get the lights from NAPA called 'brightlight', they have the best beam pattern for a sealed beam.

·
5 Posts
I use l.e.d. headlights on my 379, speaker is the brand name and they are awesome! Thy're one step below running "moose lights" and no power draw.They're kinda spendy but well worth the money. Here in Alaska you need all the light you can get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most of the trucks around here also run the LED lights in their trucks too. They are a whole replacement housing/bulb unit to change out, just like changing out your sealed beam halogen. I've seen them in just about all variation of sealed beam light fixture and they are good and bright. But not blinding to oncoming traffic tho. But yes, they are a bit pricey, but worth cash so your not craping your pants at every turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts