The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
So What are the different color temperatures for? Also waht would be the price for an 06 F-350?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I updated the page to show the differences, just click on the Brightness and Temperature for pictures:

Color Temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin (K) that indicates the hue of light source. There is a misconception that color temperature is a rating of the brightness of the HID bulb. The truth is that the higher the color temperature, the less light output from the HID bulb.

However, all HID light is much brighter than Halogen, even if it is a 35W 12000K HID bulb, the light output still maintain well over 2700lm; which is still 300% brighter than 55W Halogen with 700lm.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
thats sweet Bill!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are these just the bulbs and ballasts? I assume they will not work well in the 2003 housings because of the reflectors?

For anyone asking, 4300 is the color of any factory HID system. Any higher and it starts to look blue/ purplish just like all the ricers out there. The glare is much worse for the other drivers the higher the number.

·
164 Posts
I have a question. If those 4300's are the brightest and the others cause more glare what is the point of getting an HID bulb of the higher #?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sandaholic said:
I have a question. If those 4300's are the brightest and the others cause more glare what is the point of getting an HID bulb of the higher #?
To look like a retard in a ricer. Who wants a blue or purple light? The only reason I would purchase HID's, would be to have a better light output and you are not going to get that with anything higher than 4300. The 4300 color is closest to daylight.

·
164 Posts
QtrHorse said:
To look like a retard in a ricer. Who wants a blue or purple light? The only reason I would purchase HID's, would be to have a better light output and you are not going to get that with anything higher than 4300. The 4300 color is closest to daylight.
LOL that's what I was thinking

·
2,821 Posts
Actually, when it is snowing or there is fog the blue color light has less glare and illuminates better. White light glares and can become difficult to see with. At least this is what I have found. Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts