The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from snowboarding in Colorado last night and I had some things I wanted to know after driving my truck up in the mountains. First of all, is it normal for the truck to be so loud at high altitude. We were driving along, everything fine and then we stopped to get diesel. The truck sounded like complete ***. I got out and checked the oil, and she was fine. I couldnt figure out what was wrong, other than maybe the high altitude had been the problem. Well we went on up the mountain and when we got to breckenridge it still didn't sound any better. So yesterday on the way back it finally improved at about the Kansas border. I just wanted to know why it did this and if its normal for this to happen. Any high altitude guru's know what i'm talking about??? :shrug: Thanks

·
6,337 Posts
Mine gets a little loud on winter fuel, and after you rod it in the mountians it will lope and sound a little sad.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i know mine seams a lil louder up in the mountians, also your egt's get alot higher and you loose power lol, i love the lack of oxygen up here lol,k can't wait to go to NE this weekend, my truck has never been under 4k feet, ok maybe 3900 in easter co lol
robert
out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts