The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Kyle, this ruined my day... Thanks buddy.. So what would having to change a mag done? How would that have stopped the psyco! I fail to understand this. Perhaps I am uneducated enough to think people who commit crimes should be held accountable for their actions, not their means.. Next time a drunk driver kills someone while drive a smart car I think we should ban smart cars :soapbox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Infuriates me to say the least.. I am tired of people (even around my parts) saying why do you need a Mag that holds 30+ rounds.. I say well if the day ever comes that you have to defend yourself, let me know (if your still around to do so) how many rounds you would like to have had then, because the criminals will always have as many as they need and can get regardless of a Ban or not..

I'm thinking I need to order some now even for guns I haven't even built yet, just to have them before it becomes much harder to get them..

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
We all saw this coming. The night after the AZ shooting Erik and I were talking about this.

‘(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
So what is someone supposed to do if they own it, throw it out, turn it in?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
We all saw this coming. The night after the AZ shooting Erik and I were talking about this.

So what is someone supposed to do if they own it, throw it out, turn it in?
If you read the full text of the bill it states something to the effect of, mags that were obtains (should be manufactured) prior to the passage of this bill will be lawfully owned. I will copy it in when I am at a computer.

Reactions: fordt

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

This tells me that if you "owned" them prior to this passing, which we don't know that it will, ( lets hope it does not) they are not illegal.

Also good Note:

Fox News is Reporting the House Republicans have passed a bill to Overturn "Obama Care"

·
811 Posts
They can kiss my *** on that. Of the few guns I have only one has a small mag.

·
1,606 Posts
All the Semi-Auto's I own have the bigger clips. Hopefully they don't try to add something in there to make them illegal, even though it looks like they aren't.

·
811 Posts
My springfield xdm 9mm is illegal in California. 19 round mag.

·
3,306 Posts
hi capacity mags are banned in NY. When you get a new pistol or even used they come with nothing bigger than a 10 round mag. But...wierd part is...it's perfectly legal to go to a gun show or order a used pre banned hi capacity mag. I have a para ordnance .45 1911 Big Hawg i bought new a few years ago that came with two 10 round mags...but i did buy a 15 round pre-banned mag at a gun show to go along with it.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I am putting an Email together for people in my area to write our Representative and ask them to please vote no to this bill. Guys be a voice, speak up, make a change or prevent it. Don't just give up and stand there and say nothing, if anyone is interested in the info from my email, ( given the contact for your representative will not be in the email) PM me your Email and list HR 308 in it. I will be following this Bill through.

Reactions: merlin5577

·
811 Posts

·
3,533 Posts
I live in B. C. I have a 30-06 and only need a 5 round clip, actually I usually only use 4 in the clip, it is easier to load. It must be a real fear thing to need 30 bullets.
To me it seems like a bunch of children all blabbering about how someone is going to take away something as they have you bent over a picnic bench, and you all love it.
Try going to a child's funeral from someone that shot them, then figure out how you may be getting played for a fool.

·
4,090 Posts
I'm not a fan of Benjamin Franklin at all, but the quote ascribed to him seems apropos here:

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

I understand this is a very political issue and, as such, probably belongs in the Politics forum.

It is, however, distinctly an American issue and our residents to the North, friendly as they may seem toward the U.S., have already ceded their rights, and with them, the ability to judge the actions of those of us unwilling to relinquish ours.

With that said, there's the quote by Nelson Mandela (again, not a huge fan of the man myself):

"Only free men can negotiate; prisoners cannot enter into contracts. Your freedom and mine cannot be separated."

I will fight for yours if you will not.

Will you say the same?

prt

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Isn't there a Youtube video of some guy loading clips and shooting just as fast as he can put a new clip in? And he is VERY VERY fast at doing it. I doubt a ban would affect him LOL

I personally don't see the point of banning the high mag clips but then again, who here can say they ever "needed" it?

and yeah, I get the whole idea of.. "I'd rather have and not need it..." and the "right to own"

·
572 Posts
Here is my take on the High-cap mags. The Glock 30 rounders, in my opinion, only have three real uses. Use number one: Practice at the range. You can load up a couple of these, and not have to reload as much. However, your wallet will go empty faster than the gun lol. Use number two: Carbines that use the Glock Magazines, like the Kel-Tec. and Use number Three: Military and police that have the G18, which is what the magazine was originally intended for. Now, it is not to say that the magazines don't have a certain cool factor sticking out the back of a Glock, but in a defensive roll for all intents and purposes, at least in my experience, they are impractical. If you think you need a 30 round magazine for your Glock to protect yourself, you are in dire need of something with more fire power. Military and police carry different weapon load-outs for the assessed threat level for the task at hand. I treat it the same. In every day life, I don't encounter a threat level great enough to dictate anything more than my little .380 with seven rounds. If I did, I would carry something bigger. Now, in a world without rule of law, say riots, zombie apocalypse etc. I might find myself in need of something with 30 round plus capacity. I am not however going to reach for a Glock. A large carbine/rifle is more suited to that task.

If the 30 round Glock magazine went away, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me, as I don't even own a Glock, and probably never will. (Not that they are bad guns, they are arguably the most reliable handgun in the world, I just don't care for them.) However I doubt the bill is just banning High-cap Glock magazines. Without having read it, I would imagine that the bill will copy California in that you will not be able to get a magazine with more than 10 rounds, which I do have a problem with.

Guns that were originally designed with capacaties greater than 10 rounds, will be limited. This is B.S. It just shows that the Government is scared of the general public. Which means they know full well what they have done. They are not scared of "bad guys" because, bad people will continue to do bad things regardless of what laws are put in place. Gun laws only affect law abiding, responsible gun owners. Jared Laughner would have still loaded up multiple magazines, and still shot a bunch of innocent people, regardless of whether or not he was able to purchase high capacity magazines.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts