The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an high idle switch on my 03 duramax.. how cold dose it have to be before its works....i got it thought PPE.....

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
i got an high idle switch on my 03 duramax.. how cold dose it have to be before its works....i got it thought PPE.....
Most of ae truck if it came with it and you have it on will idle up in the lower 30's.With the PPE kit you set it to idle up.

Features:
Increase rpm when the engine is running or in park
Reduce rpm, speed and disable all performance enhancements
Application: 2001-2005 Duramax LB7 and LLY diesel engines

Product Description:
The High Idle/Valet Switch was specifically designed for 2001 through 2005 Duramax diesel engines and provides two modes: high idle and valet. When switched on and cruise control is engaged the high idle mode will increase rpm when the engine is running (up to 1 200 rpm) or in park (up to 1 800 rpm) while valet mode will reduce rpm to a maximum of 2 000 rpm and speed to a maximum of 55 mph and disable all performance enhancements made to the vehicle.

·
1,709 Posts
Most of ae truck if it came with it and you have it on will idle up in the lower 30's.With the PPE kit you set it to idle up.

Features:
Increase rpm when the engine is running or in park
Reduce rpm, speed and disable all performance enhancements
Application: 2001-2005 Duramax LB7 and LLY diesel engines

Product Description:
The High Idle/Valet Switch was specifically designed for 2001 through 2005 Duramax diesel engines and provides two modes: high idle and valet. When switched on and cruise control is engaged the high idle mode will increase rpm when the engine is running (up to 1 200 rpm) or in park (up to 1 800 rpm) while valet mode will reduce rpm to a maximum of 2 000 rpm and speed to a maximum of 55 mph and disable all performance enhancements made to the vehicle.
I couldn't have said it any better. That high idle switch is nice to have.

·
34 Posts
I have to ppe also....sure feels alot more cozy in the winter time when its nice and toasty when you get in :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts