1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i put one on my 03 dodge???

·
77 Posts
I too have an 03 and would like to know this!

·
754 Posts
I have the bully dog triple dog and it has that option by using the cruise control. I have the 06 though not sure if they have that option for 03.

·
77 Posts
even with the 6 speed? and does the smarty do it

·
Registered
79 Posts
yes the s-06 Smarty programmer has the high idle control usin the cruise control.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can the dealer activate it??

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Cant be done on a stick shift only auto

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much does it costs???

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Didnt cost me anything when i had my 05 auto. All they do is hook up their computer thing to your OBD II port and push some buttons and then your set. But again you cant do it on Manual Trannys only Autos

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks mine is auto

·
Registered
20 Posts
does the smarty automatically put the high idle mode into your truck or do you have to manually put it in.
Nick

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
Theres a selection for the "High Idle" option

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can the dealer do it to an 02 my dad has wanted that since he bought the truck new but too cheap to buy something to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have an early 04. i heard that its only with the 325HP engines that have the factory option of the high idle. if anybody knows this true/untrue please let me know because i would like to activate this option if possible

·
Registered
109 Posts
mine has it. and its an 05 auto. i have the Bullydog power pup. can i adjust the idle with the cruise buttons? i've never tryed it.

·
99 Posts
You can't enable high idle on an 03 manual or auto I think this applies to the early 04's as well. For whatever reason it's not something that can be done with the ECM's on those trucks. You can enable high idle on any auto or manual 04.5 and up. For the auto's just go to the dealer and have the flash it to enable and you're good to go.

For the manual's it's a little more work. You have to buy a $12 wire from cummins that plugs into #22 pin on the ECM and has to be grounded somewhere then go get it enabled by the dealer. I enabled the hig idle feature on my truck several weeks ago and love it. I've got an excellent writeup with pics for how to do it from TDR in my email anyone wants to know how shoot me a message [email protected] I'll forward it your way. It's an easy mod and only takes about 20 minutes to do.

And smarty enables high idle feature so if you have a Sr or Jr there's no need for running to the dealer...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts