The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering why the standard output engines are easier to get more power out of them then the high output motors:happymugs

·
1,189 Posts
There seems to be something in the electronics of the pump and the flow rate I believe. If your looking for better power and need a new pump just put in a so and go

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Sad but true the SO VP44 has more volume of fuel than a HO VP44...

Then there is a electronics difference with the 2 pumps...

If you ask around you'll find all HotRod VP44's are built from SO Pumps...

·
Ghost
628 Posts
Electronics don't respond as well to mods.
VP44 plungers are smaller in the HO/ETH.
The standard outputs/ETC also have the lowest compression of all the Cummins 5.9's. Making boosting easier.

·
237 Posts
So, if the HO VP's flow less fuel, how do they make bigger HP & TQ numbers in stock form?

·
1,189 Posts
more compression and I think larger injectors.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
higher CP, less boost needed to achive it.

·
2,063 Posts
The higher the compression the greater the low end torque, but it causes trouble breathing the higher the RPM go.

·
Of Course
527 Posts
Because I am curious. I don't remember claiming I knew everything about anything. I do believe you have a problem with people who are knowledgeable and question what you say.

·
Ghost
628 Posts
So you are claiming that you didn't know what allowed for the higher compression between the ETH and ETC. But you do know the VP44 doesn't back off timing under boost. Interesting knowledge there.

·
Of Course
527 Posts
The piston bowl is 3mm smaller on the HO vs SO, hence the difference in compression ratio. I know a thing or two, but my knowledge probably doesn't interest you. The VP44 advances timing with load and RPM just in case you were still unsure.

·
Ghost
628 Posts
The piston bowl is 3mm smaller on the HO vs SO, hence the difference in compression ratio. I know a thing or two, but my probably doesn't interest you. The VP44 advances timing with load and RPM just in case you were still unsure.
So first you didn't know, then you change your mind and have the exact measurement of the piston bowls. You're right, your "probably" doesn't interest me.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Easy guys, constructive criticism in the posts only please. You guys know way more then me abought the cummins thats for sure. :thumbsup

·
Of Course
527 Posts
Why did you ask? You claim to know everything about these trucks, but then ask why the ETH had higher compression.
Because I was interested if anyone else knew the answer. And since you did not, but chose to derail this thread, I would like to congratulate you.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I hope the next post will help the Original poster.:nunu:

:happymugs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts