The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many miles will these motors do stock?

·
136 Posts
I have seen a few that claimed 500k. Its not hard to find one with 250k at all. The funny thing is how much people ask when selling one with 250k+ miles.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
my 95 has over 256,000 on it, and still runs like a top! Seems like the higher the mileage gets on it, the better it runs........

kevin

·
4,024 Posts
Got right at 220k on the '95 runs like a champ......
Had a '88 idi that had 210k on it when I sold it in '95 It had run the first 18 miles of it's life on GAS. Never had a problem out of either of them

Dave

·
261 Posts
Have 195,000 on the early '99 in my sig. Had to change the alternator, torque converter, and some front end items; other than that, all's good.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
216k on mine

·
Registered
790 Posts
mine had 225k miles on it before the modded engine crapped, i know of a couple local trucks that are well over 300k miles on original engine.

·
66 Posts
My dad's 97 cc 2wd dually has right at 260,000 miles on it. Only problems have been a bad cps once and had to replace one injector. Two transmission rebuilds. Has had a 70hp chip, 4 inch exhaust and drop in filter since not long after day one!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
i service a 95 that has 286K+ miles on it and it runs great... and must have pretty good compression to as the glow plugs don't work and it still fires up easy... it has had a old 60hp chip in it for a long time... without gauges

absolutely nothing major has ever been done to this motor, although he has put one automatic tranny in it

S

·
0 Posts
Talked to a hot-shotting guy at the diesel pumps a while back that had over 600,000 on his. He had replaced the tranny a couple of times, a couple of rear ends, converters, water pumps, injector pumps, radiator, batterys but all on the same block, pistons etc....no mods though.

·
jammer
44 Posts
Mine is barely broke in!! 112,000 :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just turned 120,000 last Sunday

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1 with 187,000 all original drivetrain.
1 with 206,000.
Almost low compared to some!

·
3,514 Posts
Diesel Dog said:
Got right at 220k on the '95 runs like a champ......
Had a '88 idi that had 210k on it when I sold it in '95 It had run the first 18 miles of it's life on GAS. Never had a problem out of either of them

Dave
It made it 18miles. Actually I think thats about how far our 94 idi made it after gas was run through it. Now it has a nice new powerstroke in it. The truck has almost 200k but the motor only has about 35k. I think the motors hold up better than the rest of the truck. Maybe thats cause I owned it though.
Sean

·
3,514 Posts
Slaughterhouse said:
Talked to a hot-shotting guy at the diesel pumps a while back that had over 600,000 on his. He had replaced the tranny a couple of times, a couple of rear ends, converters, water pumps, injector pumps, radiator, batterys but all on the same block, pistons etc....no mods though.
Thats a lot of miles man. I must say that I would be thoroughly impressed. Can't beat a dodge I came across once though. 850k towed a stock trailer from like South carolina to Kansas and back everyday of its life. Rebuilt 5spd once. Thats it. I'll probably get lynched for talking about a dodge in here, but hey whatever.
Sean

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
172k on my beast

1 - 20 of 41 Posts