The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s 2008 Super duty has a plastic after market ram air hood that fits great & looks even better. The one issue she is having is that when driving on the highway and meets a semi truck the outer forward part of the hood lifts and shakes like it's going to come flying off. The centre hood latch is doing its job, but the outer part of the hood needs attention. Although I'm not a big fan of hood pins I don't know of any other solutions to this problem. With the slope and curvature of the hood, universal hood pin kits that are made to mount to a flat surface would be a tough fit. After searching and looking at many types of hood pins I'm not sure where to turn for an answer.

Any thoughts people on a solution to my problem?? :help

Thanks in advance.
BB

·
1,060 Posts
On either side of the hood there is a black rubber knob about 3/4-1" around (correction on the upper cross member of the truck) did you re-adjust those to the new hood? If I am reading this correctly, or is the hood itself bending?

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have mentioned that the new hood is made of plastic and not fibreglass like my 2011 hood. I've tried adjusting the latch & rubbers and found that lowering the latch makes hood flex slightly as it pulls it down more in the centre. The hood is definitely distorting during big truck encounters at highway speeds. I need to hold the hood down on the outer edges somehow to stop the distortion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts