The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Singles Club Member #34
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the holley black have to use a pressure regulator or can i just run the pump i need the truck for work tomarrow so i really need to know if it ok or if its gona hurt it???

·
3,514 Posts
Do you have a gauge in there to see what its putting out? Usually they are fine, but when installed with the stock lift pump still running it may get a little high. The only real damage I could see resulting would be forcing the metering diaphragm to hyper extend. But unless your vp has been subjected to fuel press below 5psi, that shouldn't be an issue. A regulator wouldn't be a bad idea if you have one kickin around, but it should work fine without one. Main thing is to get a gauge on there and see what its actually doing, if you don't already have one.
Sean

·
Singles Club Member #34
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thanks sean it will go on tonight with the big line kit and the stock lp is getting 86'd and as for the gauges as soon as i get the money there going in.

·
8 Posts
holley blue

I was planning on running a holley blue on my 99. I didnt know if i should disconnect the factory lift pump in the tank or if it would be fine if i left it running. If so, what psi should it run at. Thanks

Jimmy

·
Singles Club Member #34
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im getting rid of my factory pump and just running the holley black ive heard you can run both together though u need a pressure regulator which should come with the blue pump.

·
1,189 Posts
from what I was told keep it under 20. I would say regulate it to where you don't get a huge drop from idle to wot. but it's all in what works for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts