The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First night at the drags and man was I bummed out. The best I could pull was a 16 @ 80 something miles an hour. I just felt like something was wrong cause I know it's felt faster than that. I checked out the records on my attitude display and it showed 46% slip wow. I wonder how fast it could be with a good tranny in it. I'm still a few bucks away from the ATS I've been dreaming about, so I think I'll stay of the track for a while. What trannys are you guys running, and what kind of improvements have you seen?
Thanks all :93C_peelo

P.S. I did manage to beat the '96 SS Impala that my buddy has been bragging about:bow: :dodge

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
dont get an ATS tranny. thats my advice/opinion.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
:shrug: I love my ATS

·
Registered
699 Posts
NukleusX said:
dont get an ATS tranny. thats my advice/opinion.
:whs IDE stay away from ATS as well! Call dusty at HTS! He's an awesome guy and has the best customer service

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Tranny should be done today or tomorow. Full Billet Goerend.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
HTS hands down winner

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Yeah like said above i have not heard anything good from ATS's stuff. Go with a Goerend or HTS like said above.

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys love to here some feed back on the Goerend, HTS & ATS. Nothings ordered yet so sell me. Miles used races run & power through em etc.

·
754 Posts
Mine was done locally but it's basically a fully built Suncoast. Same ingredients. I LOVE IT!!! Huge huge difference!!! You'll see your slippage go to less than 5% with the hot unlock on the edge. It makes a big difference in getting your horses to the ground. You are probably losing about 50 -100 horses with that much slip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a full Billet Goerend, They have a great warranty, though I don't think you'll ever have to use it, and Outstanding customer service. I also had them install a little box they just came out with called the Shift Enhancer. It has three levels Daily, Tow, Race. It controls your line pressure, so you can have the best of both worlds, press a button when you want to play around a bit and have really firm positive shifts, or press it again and have a little less aggressive shifts when you just want to cruise to work. Man I LOVE IT!!! 20lb. 4wheel drive boosted launches on the HOT mode are sooooo fun! Watch out though, you'll break your neck, not your tranny! :93C_peelo

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
there have been a few guys here have bad luck with ats so nobody but me here likes them. Oh well I have had them in both of my powerstrokes and never had any problems. We thought we did one time and they were ready to send another tranny out before I even got it to my uncles shop.

Fords, Honda 4wheelers, and ATS tranny the 3 things I gotta haveLOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love my DTT transmission and have friends also having good luck with them but have also heard good about suncoast trans I went with DTT cause can get it fix or warranty if ever needed in case it causes trouble hopefully it wont I would keep this in mind when deciding also if its a aftermarket trans shop they should have a truck there for you to drive to see if you like the way there trans performs

·
Registered
109 Posts
:Thumbup: definatly look in to HTS,dtt, and them goerend tranmissions! might put one of them in my truck if i dont sell it in the future!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
cbtoyz said:
I have a full Billet Goerend, They have a great warranty, though I don't think you'll ever have to use it, and Outstanding customer service. I also had them install a little box they just came out with called the Shift Enhancer. It has three levels Daily, Tow, Race. It controls your line pressure, so you can have the best of both worlds, press a button when you want to play around a bit and have really firm positive shifts, or press it again and have a little less aggressive shifts when you just want to cruise to work. Man I LOVE IT!!! 20lb. 4wheel drive boosted launches on the HOT mode are sooooo fun! Watch out though, you'll break your neck, not your tranny! :93C_peelo
Hey man does it smoke alot more with the Hot unlock?? cause i gota send mine back to Edge if i get it because its not new enough, and is it worth it to spend the extra $300?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts