The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what kind of power you guys are gettin out of your 7.3 powerstrokes and the mileage with this power? i have a 2003 f350 powerstroke 7.3 i have 262,364 miles on this truck, im on my 2nd tranny no engine trouble and i get 23 miles per gallon with 410hp with 625ftlbstq.

·
6,337 Posts
fckljones said:
I am wondering what kind of power you guys are gettin out of your 7.3 powerstrokes and the mileage with this power? i have a 2003 f350 powerstroke 7.3 i have 262,364 miles on this truck, im on my 2nd tranny no engine trouble and i get 23 miles per gallon with 410hp with 625ftlbstq.

Fill out your sig so we can see what you've done... Top left hand of the page "User CP"

Welcome to The Diesel Garage!!!

I really find it hard to beleve you have 410hp on a 7.3 unless you have done more then I have... It is VERY HARD to break the 400 mark...:Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Very Hard? As in how, expensive?
Set of Mini Me's, Turbo, and fuel system. You're there. Actually 450+ if not 500. :shrug:

·
6,337 Posts
LocoMotion said:
Very Hard? As in how, expensive?
Set of Mini Me's, Turbo, and fuel system. You're there. Actually 450+ if not 500. :shrug:
OK let me explaine... Without pulling parts off... I think what this newbie is thinking is his intake gave him 50hp, exhaust gave him 40hp, Superchip tuner gave him 120hp... You of all people know what I am talking about.

BTW, I guaranty with what you posted above you would not be above 425-430 TOPS... AND NO WAY ON A PMR Motor... You would have to get very agressave to get to that point in tuneing...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not saying he doesn't have the HP but the torque seems way low for a 7.3 with that HP number.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
CSIPSD said:
OK let me explaine... Without pulling parts off... I think what this newbie is thinking is his intake gave him 50hp, exhaust gave him 40hp, Superchip tuner gave him 120hp... You of all people know what I am talking about.

BTW, I guaranty with what you posted above you would not be above 425-430 TOPS... AND NO WAY ON A PMR Motor... You would have to get very agressave to get to that point in tuneing...

Exhaust, Intake, Exhaust, Chip, Ball Bearing turbo.
http://www.dieselinnovations.com/images/ford_73_minime_dyno.jpg

Source: http://dieselinnovations.com/di.php?page=products&cat=2

Dzacc made 460 on a PMR motor.

I agree that his tq sounds a bit low as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
360HP/665TQ and not even close to 23 MPG. You aren't going off what the overhead console says are you? I also agree that the torque looks low(or the HP is high).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its a pretty safe bet that im a good solid 400LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
lukecline said:
Its a pretty safe bet that im a good solid 400LOL

:mafia :poke:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Unless he ran on that dyno is sac last weekend cause that is about what I had 408 or 407HP with 630 TQ.I threw the sheets in the trash.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Im Making 650hp And 1500lbs Tq!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Im KiddinLOL LOL .........WELL IF YOU MULTIPLE BY 2 MAYBE!!LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Oh, 313hp and 707tq here, forgot to mention.

·
263 Posts
500+ hp i'm getting 16.4mpg,just figer it up tonight

high gregrob was wonding what name you was hiding under

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Not hiding under anything Terry. This has been my screen name on TDG ever since I have been a member here.
Didn't take a genius to figure that out.

·
263 Posts
well greg,you know i'm just a dumbazz with tools that can't make any power LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nah, you gotta be doin somethin right. :Thumbup:
Ladder Racks Rule! :sly:

·
36 Posts
16 mpg hwy.(2300-2500 rpm's).
14.5 city.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Get out of the darn throttle when getting on hwy's and light to light driving.You need to come to my neck of the woods where max speed is 55.Train that go foot of yours to be more flexable

Comeing down here to san diego I pulled 18.5 at 70-75.Pushed it to 85-90 after that and got WAY LESS more like 16.City I get 14-15mpg.

I know you where refering to the other mike but I added my 2cents.

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts