The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
U.S.A.F
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get into the 15's and I wondering what upgrades I need to get there. I have yet to do the fuel plate. Im waiting for my guages to arrive but I want a plan so I can go and get everything and I would like know what I need. Any help in greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Fuel plate, Injectors, 4K GSK, Boost elbow, 60 psi valve springs, AFC mods, DV's (talk to Mrector), BHAF, and think about going to a 4" exhaust. But first build up your tranny. Possibly go to a bigger turbo, but see how far you get with these first. And if you do go to a bigger turbo, you need O-rings, Marine headgaskets, and studs.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I don't know whats up with the time you ran, what elevation are you at? Using the calculators on the site it says 300hp should put you in the 15's

That means a trans that will hold, standard intake/exhaust, and then all the other free mods and maybe a GSK should be enough. If you need more add a turbo and injectors.

·
U.S.A.F
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure about the elevation but I dont think its very high. I already have 4 inch straight piped. My reaction times were absolutely horrible were talking .7 the whole night. Havnt raced in a long time. Plus I think I need to turn overdrive off. It bogs down hard when it kicks in. Im looking at the 4 gsk and 60# springs but Im honestly scared to do it myself. Ive screwed up the simplest things somehow. Im gonna have a shop do it. I have a BHAF and outerwear ready to go but I have to get the metal to do the heat shield.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What I meant in my first post was start doing those and stop when you get in the times you want.

·
U.S.A.F
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Defintetely gonna go as far as my money takes me, after i pay it off Im gonna get some honda or something and concentrate on the truck

·
T.D.G. Mafia Member #88
578 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts