• sit high and pretty

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide if I want to put a 6" cognito lift, wheels, mud tires, and full replacement tough country bumpers.

OR

make a sleeper with a suncoast stage IV Tranny, EFI, airdog or fass, possibly turbo(s)

·
Redneck with some Bling
421 Posts
I dont see the right option listed for the pole

DO Both :coal

Reactions: sexytrkr

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make a sleeper with a suncoast stage IV Tranny, EFI, airdog or fass, possibly turbo(s)
I dont want people to know somethings up...till im passing them.:rock

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Leave it stock ride height and make it a sleeper.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Agreed with Rob, stock height, with lots of goodies, heck i would even leave stock wheels too

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Sleeper all the way.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
In contrast to the guys that are "all show and no go", I am all go and not much show.

·
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500
1,239 Posts
make it a sleeper man. dump that **** in the weeds. airbags. BIG OLE rims and a couple turbs would set it off for sure. and i have to agreee... aint nuthin in the world like that face. "waiiitttt... cough cough.... WTF JUST HAPPENED???" hahaha. love that stuff

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
I gotta think you could have a little of both and nobody would be the wiser. Go with a leveling, because a slammed 4x4 is a joke, upsize the tires to about a 33, and Avoid anything remotely flashy, no big exhaust tips, keep it on the quiet side, avoid smoke, and that thing will turn heads anywhere you go.

One of my favorite trucks I've encountered was a 98-01 Dodge 4x4 quad cab, short box. It had stock wheels with a little bigger tire, was lifted 3-4", had a plain old piece of aluminized 5" pipe in the stock location, and the muffler was relatively quiet. But the truck had injectors and fuel system, a turbo, a programmer, and water/meth on it to the tune of about 550rwhp and 1200wtq. It was the guys daily driver. If it wasn't for the exhaust note and a bit too much smoke, you'd have thought it was stock just with a lift kit and tires.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Sleep it! A dually makes a great sleeper.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I gotta think you could have a little of both and nobody would be the wiser. Go with a leveling, because a slammed 4x4 is a joke, upsize the tires to about a 33, and Avoid anything remotely flashy, no big exhaust tips, keep it on the quiet side, avoid smoke, and that thing will turn heads anywhere you go.

One of my favorite trucks I've encountered was a 98-01 Dodge 4x4 quad cab, short box. It had stock wheels with a little bigger tire, was lifted 3-4", had a plain old piece of aluminized 5" pipe in the stock location, and the muffler was relatively quiet. But the truck had injectors and fuel system, a turbo, a programmer, and water/meth on it to the tune of about 550rwhp and 1200wtq. It was the guys daily driver. If it wasn't for the exhaust note and a bit too much smoke, you'd have thought it was stock just with a lift kit and tires.

werd, that is what i think of about mine.

although, not the quickest but does alright for right now... 310 tune, s&b intake, dpf/doc delete 4" flo-pro, 35x12.5 nitto mud grapplers... getting the level kit and add a leaf tomorrow.

when the warranty runs out, going all out with down pipe, egr block plates, some nitrous

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
werd, that is what i think of about mine.

although, not the quickest but does alright for right now... 310 tune, s&b intake, dpf/doc delete 4" flo-pro, 35x12.5 nitto mud grapplers... getting the level kit and add a leaf tomorrow.

when the warranty runs out, going all out with down pipe, egr block plates, some nitrous
The '05+ Ford trucks with stock 18s and 35s just look better without the factory hubcaps! I haven't run caps since I put the 35s on back in '08. I actually liked the grey steel wheels on the '99-04 SD's because they made the trucks look extremely pedestrian, even when they could be chipped and piped and anything but pedestrian.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
The '05+ Ford trucks with stock 18s and 35s just look better without the factory hubcaps! I haven't run caps since I put the 35s on back in '08. I actually liked the grey steel wheels on the '99-04 SD's because they made the trucks look extremely pedestrian, even when they could be chipped and piped and anything but pedestrian.
it was a blessing in disguise, i never really put to much thought into just removing the center caps because my original plan was to powder coat the rims and leave the center caps chrome. BUT last friday, this Jap kamikaze'd the side of my truck (literally hit me in the wheel) smashing my center cap on the rear passenger side wheel, denting my 1/4 panel somewhat and leaving some scratches.

because I lost the center cap, i just took off the rest and here I am now... awaiting the insurance check to slap on a bull nose ranch hand and some other things :rock

lmao, ripped his bumper off, headlights and some other various damage *accident was his fault, he was ticketed and all that *****

aftermath:

I actually liked the grey steel wheels on the '99-04 SD's because they made the trucks look extremely pedestrian, even when they could be chipped and piped and anything but pedestrian.
same.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Hellraiser did your truck have explosive diarrhea?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Snore snore snore!!!!!!!!!

·
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500
1,239 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts