The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pissed I have to bring her in for a reflash. My laser temp pen could not even read the temp coming out of the tail pipe when the truck was in park with the idle at 1,200rpm, the laser temp reader can read upto 1,000 degrees F. You cant keep your hand infront of the tail pipe for over a second. Just walking buy the tail pipe will burn your legs. Thats way too hot. On another note how can a tuner work with this exhaust and these high temps stock? What kind of EGT'S is the 6.4 reaching? Sounds like I need to install gauges soon. Also drive with your rear window open while the truck is regenerating somtimes I think I can hear the flames!:damnit

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Rainman said:
Thats way too hot. On another note how can a tuner work with this exhaust and these high temps stock? What kind of EGT'S is the 6.4 reaching?

Excellent questions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
this is my post from other thread.

Now(just) get call from serv dept manager,he said 6.4s are running rich and reflash (not aval yet)will lean it out and will give me more power and better mileage, i know the guy pretty good and trust him but i told him what that quote said about the fuel leaks causing problem and he said we will see when he gets all the info.im I'm gonna ask him to tell me exsactly what this reflash will do, ie, lean it out and or signal when high temp in exsaust is picked up etc. I better not be loosing HP OR TORQUE OR BE DECREASING THE TOW RATING!!!! I will keep feeding info as i get it.

·
286 Posts
well, i might have some information about how the reflash is working. randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU) is driving my truck to me from somewhere in mississippi (~800 miles to me in melbourne, fl) after getting the new programming directly from ford at the plant yesterday morning. he drove to louisville from colorado and awaited the reflash and release of my truck and loaded it up onto a trailer behind a truck he was delivering to this place in mississippi.

anyhow, it will be nice getting a truck and not have to worry about the "break in process"

but i do believe he will have mileage info for me to pass on.

·
475 Posts
Rainman said:
I am pissed I have to bring her in for a reflash. My laser temp pen could not even read the temp coming out of the tail pipe when the truck was in park with the idle at 1,200rpm, the laser temp reader can read upto 1,000 degrees F. You cant keep your hand infront of the tail pipe for over a second. Just walking buy the tail pipe will burn your legs. Thats way too hot. On another note how can a tuner work with this exhaust and these high temps stock? What kind of EGT'S is the 6.4 reaching? Sounds like I need to install gauges soon. Also drive with your rear window open while the truck is regenerating somtimes I think I can hear the flames!:damnit
:nopics :nopics

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
I had mine go into regen on a rainy day and I never shut the truck off till it gets done and was watching water sizzle when it hit the pipe's,it gets hot for sure.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Im gettin 17mpg(driving the speed limit with no quick excelleration and no hard downshifts) about 30% city and 70% HWY, no cetane additive yet. Driving btw 35-55 mph Im getting reflash on mon. i have 200 miles on truck. no regeneration yet. I will post if anything changes after the reflash.

·
771 Posts
Hopefully all is well once you get the reflash....keep us updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts