The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for wheels and tires for my truck, 08 f350 4wd. How big of tire can will fit under with a leveling kit and no rubbing on an 18" rim?

·
164 Posts
i too would like to know that question as i am looking at doing the same thing for my truck. possibly 2" leveling kit and 35s. Anyone know if that would work? Of course back spacing comes into play on the rims you are buying or have.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
You will be able to go with a 35 with a leveling kit assuming you keep the factory offset. I've actually heard of people saying they run a 37 with some shaving, but I haven't actually experienced it.

·
28 Posts
I ran 325/60 on the stock 20's with a 2 inch leveling kit on my 350 SRW. I switched to XD 20's ( dont know backspacing) and 35/13.5 without rubbing. when they wore out I ordered 37x12.5 trail grapplers and crossed my fingers. I drilled a hole in the inner wheel well (plastic) and pulled it back with a zip tie. absolutely NO rubbing. been running like this for about 10k miles.

·
28 Posts
Here is a pic on the 37's

Attachments

·
164 Posts
thanks guys thats good to know. i think i am going to try the 35x 12.5s on either the factory 20s or xd 20s. without a lift first to see how that works. I really don't want to lift it as all the things you have to do to get it right. seems like a little much in my opinion for a couple inch lift.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, sweet lookin truck too.

·
780 Posts
take some pics when you get those tires on the truck 08smoker08 then I can see if it will fit mine :wave

·
497 Posts
Thats a sick truck bud!

·
164 Posts
good question GUTTS

Reactions: GUTTS

·
2 Posts
i have an 08 250 i put leveling kit on the front 3" blocks in the back with 325-50-20 nitto grapplers didnt rub fender well but rubbed the frame.

·
62 Posts
Just got new wheels/tires. 35 x 12.5 toyo mt's with -20something offset. have 2.5"eveling kit in front and put 1" over stock blocks in the back. they rub a bit even after trimming the inner fender carpet - or whatever that stuff is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts