The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Slave To The Trade
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here ever took out they're factory four speed auto and installed an ats trans? this is just thinking in the future in my part and im wondering if anyone has any experiance with them

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Some do, and you probably won't have a problem with the trans, but the problem here is if you do....ATS has a reputation around here for less than stellar customer service and notoriously high prices. After tendering towards performance drag and sponsored circuit(dhra) diesels, their prices are higher than similar transmission companies.
For your money, ATS doesnt hold its weight again Goerend Trans Inc. Search the forums and you'll be hard pressed to find anybody with a negative comment about his work. Others to search before ATS are suncoast, hts, nadp, etc.
Also fill out your sig with your truck so we can tender more towards your needs in general.

Eric

·
307 Posts
just installed an hts and a suncoast converter a month ago, best upgrade i have ever done to my truck. Also the comparable tranny from ats was about $2500 more than the tranny from hts, they have great customer service as well.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
bull hauler30 said:
anyone here ever took out they're factory four speed auto and installed an ats trans? this is just thinking in the future in my part and im wondering if anyone has any experiance with them

I'd tinker around with it first and see what you actually need in a trany before shellin out 6g on a tranny when you could have only spend 2g

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, decide what you want out of the truck, then go from there. I have a DTT trans in mine, its great I love it. If you aren't looking to drag race, or sled pull, and don't want tons of power you don't need all the expensive stuff like billet shafts etc...
Sean

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
I just ordered a Goerend Trans last Friday and people say it's the best modification you can do to the truck. And dave was very friendly and helpful.

·
232 Posts
:iagree :iagree :stupid: :Thumbup: you wont beat dave price and his products and service and warranties.

·
237 Posts
Above & beyond the ridiculous ATS price, their warranty is less than stellar as well. A 3rd gen hotshot pulling 5th wheels had an ATS broke down in Cheyenne and ATS wanted him to drive down & do a bunch of other stuff and the truck was bone stock.

·
4,158 Posts
Yeah bottom line is stay away from ATS have heard nothing but like was just said above from that company. ATS is turning into a little Banks IMHO.

·
232 Posts
:iagree :iagree :stupid: :Thumbup: you wont beat dave price and his products and service and warranties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts