The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 F350 that I am modding out. I want to improve the steering and one component I am focusing on is the stick gear box. Is there and aftermarket alternative that will give me years of trouble free reliability like my stock one? Or is there a way to improve the one I have. I thought I read some where there are some simple mods that can be done to mine. I would like something with a tighter gearing and can handle the bigger tires. Any ideas?

·
452 Posts
Here you go:

http://redheadsteeringgears.com/

I spoke with Harvey over there. He told me:

We do have a gear box in stock for your 05 F350 4x4, your cost would be $366 exchange. This is an upgraded gear box, we custom fit the worm and piston assembly with oversize balls according to need. We have 5 oversizes, the manufacturer just uses standard decimal balls, as does everyone else who rebuilds these. However, if the lash is not taken up between these components it will never drive like it should. The core charge on this gear box is $200.

·
683 Posts
I got my box from these guys. It's solid as a rock. No complaints, plus, their customer service was great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts