The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install my gauges (finally) and I'm not seeing how to get this cold side pipe off. Any tips, suggestions?

·
1,077 Posts
The IC pipe?

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes

·
1,077 Posts
Just losen or take out on the cold side, the rad mount bolts or cross section bolts or whatever the heck they're called. Top and bottom and she should slide out with a couple swear words.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. After further review of what I have for fittings and crap with my gauges, I'm pretty sure I don't have a 1/8 npt fitting for the boost gauge, and my probe looks way bigger then the one they use on the autometer website in their installing on a 08. Damn it.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest, and I know I'm going to get bashed for this, I don't care for the look of the dashdaq hanging on my window. And the other reasoning is, I don't like leaving it in my truck. My truck sits in a parking lot at the shop Monday-Thursday while I'm off working on the road, and I don't want to get it stolen.

·
2,183 Posts
same reason I installe pillars. Hated takin the DD in and out all the time. I posted a thread with a bunch of pics before the hack.

·
Flyin' Hawaiian
146 Posts
I like analog gauges too i think they are easier to read and look much cleaner and i have had my DD stolen once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts