The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Mossberg 500A I am working on. Once I locate the sling I want and make some minor mods I want to spray on a camo to break up the outline of it. I do not like wraps because the leave a nasty sticky residue and I do not want any anodizing done mostly because of the cost. This is a combat weapon, not a show piece so I am looking for a low buck solution. I have always been a fan of the tiger stripe pattern. So I was thinking I would use a tiger strip pattern I printed out and make a template. Then spray on some flat grey paint in the stripe pattern. Does anyone else have a better idea or know of a better way?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Alot is going to depend on where you plan on using it. The same pattern will not work as well in the woods if Michigan as it does in South Florida.

Personally I don't spray or tape any of my guns. Just never seen a situation that warranted it.
:whs

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am trying to break up its out line in low or no light situations. Like I said, this will be a combot weapon and not treated like my others. Function over form for this tool of my trade.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I chose a gun metal grey paint on my tactical 870, I think it looks good the way yours is.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
When you say 'combat weapon' do you mean home defense? Or something else?

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the gray I was thinking. DO you have a photograph of your 870?

I might use it for home defense as well. But my reason for putting it together the way I am is for Law Enforcement

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i wrapped my weatherby in burlap and some strips from camo net. it matched where i used it. thats the most ive done.

Garrett

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
That is the gray I was thinking. DO you have a photograph of your 870?

I might use it for home defense as well. But my reason for putting it together the way I am is for Law Enforcement

Here is my Tactical 870. It looks Much darker than it really is. I did it more as a weather barrier but it turned out great.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Forgive me for asking, but dont/wont the police department issue you a shotgun?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Here is my Tactical 870. It looks Much darker than it really is. I did it more as a weather barrier but it turned out great.
B E A utiful piece of equipment. Minus the pistol grip its a mirror of my 870 Express.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Forgive me for asking, but dont/wont the police department issue you a shotgun?
Most dept. Can not afford to issue each officer a shotgun , ar15 Or even BUG. So officers buy their own. Nothing wrong with it, as each officers personal guns have to pass inspections before street use.

Reactions: merlin5577

·
Administrator
8,879 Posts
Most dept. Can not afford to issue each officer a shotgun , ar15 Or even BUG. So officers buy their own. Nothing wrong with it, as each officers personal guns have to pass inspections before street use.
:whs

I am using my personal 12ga with black synthetic stock for when I am on duty. The gun below is not mine, but looks almost identical. I have a different safety and fold down sights. It is a Mossberg Maverick.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a great looking peice of equipement. How do you two like the different sight you have? I have always been fine the the bead sight. But I am will the try new things. I have looked at a few newer style sites. But I do not want to get carried away. After all, it is a shot gun...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Those are Wilson Combat (Scattergun Technology) ghost rings with Tritumn, would never set a tactical shotgun up with out them ever again.

·
Administrator
8,879 Posts
For hunting the bead site is fine with me. For tactical use and on the range I really like my fold down site. It is adjustable and allows you to better focus on your target.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts