The Diesel Garage banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, also, I should probably look into a clutch so what's a good clutch? South Bend?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
don't know I run auto but yeh clutch isn't going to like the TQ one bit.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I would recommend the Southbend. CON FE

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would recommend beans stage 2 single shots, Tony Wildman tuning and a hypermax h2e.

·
Registered
657 Posts
And don't forget to change to the kevlar bushing on your input shaft when you change the clutch. I have a LUK in mine and and never had a problem with the clutch...just those darn needle bearings on the Input shaft.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
lukecline said:
I would recommend beans stage 2 single shots, Tony Wildman tuning and a hypermax h2e.

On PMR's, really?

Has anyone done that combo

I'm skeered of big nozzles :pointlaugh

·
6,337 Posts
LocoMotion said:
On PMR's, really?

I hear your skeered of your shadow too...:pointlaugh

·
Registered
790 Posts
LocoMotion said:
On PMR's, really?

Umm pretty sure he doesnt have pmr's.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
lukecline said:
Umm pretty sure he doesnt have pmr's.

Umm, you would be right. I would be not paying attention again! :damnit :splat :sofa :shrug:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
lukecline said:
Would the hypermax h2e make more power than a Garrett Ball Bearing the GTP38r one or whatever? And on the Tony Wildman tuning, does he offer a 6 pos. chip with a twist knob?

·
Registered
790 Posts
jackedupF350 said:
Would the hypermax h2e make more power than a Garrett Ball Bearing the GTP38r one or whatever? And on the Tony Wildman tuning, does he offer a 6 pos. chip with a twist knob?
I dont know about making any more power, but imo its a better turbo choice than the ball bearing. The h2 is rebuildable, no surge- period and it can be modifed to support big hp if you feel the need. To swap a bb turbo on your going to need find a bunch of superduty parts, if you order the h2 they all come in a nice little kit. Im not sure if Tony can still get 6 pos chips, i know he was having quality issues at one time and is dealing with 4 positions right now. Give him a call 405-818-6365:Thumbup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I will give him a call, but like I said earlier, it's going to be a little while before I can start buying mods but i'm getting all my info now so I will know what I want and how alot of things work by the time i get the money for the mods. Does Tony have a twisty knob? I like them because it's really convenient to switch levels. I'd be satisfied with a 4 pos. The 6 pos. was just for pissing contest purposes lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
yes tony's chips have the twisty knob lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
haha AWESOME!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Would it be good to get an intercooler too? I seen that bdp sells a Spearco one for the 7.3L. What else would I need? H2E turbo, custom tuned chip, south bend clutch, 5" straight pipe exhaust, AEM intake, bdp stage 2 injectors....

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Intercooler is going to help control the heat that the xtra fuel is going to bring.If you have the money go for it.If now wait and see how hot it runs.

·
3,514 Posts
Just curious, what about running a standard H2e or even running it in a twin turbo set up. I know hypermax wants like $2400 for the h2e or H-2 I believe they call it. I got a brandnew one for $350 shipped, Its going to be twin turbos on my dodge, but is there any reason this wouldn't work on a ford?
Just a thought.
Sean

·
6,337 Posts
There is really no room for twins on a PSD... you have to loose the AC at best...

·
3,514 Posts
Ah, thats a bummer. It is a big thing to try and fit under there, and with all the plumbing and all, I just thought it might be cool.
Sean

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yea that would be cool...must be nice to have all that room in the engine compartment lol

21 - 40 of 61 Posts