The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is supposed to have 60 hp injectors in it. is there a way to tell if they are stock or not. My dad bought the truck and was stated that it did.

also I just installed the j hook a week ago and now I see boot pressure of 25 is that normal or should I see more? or is it limited by fuel?

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
With stock injectors and my Edge Comp disconnected and not even in the truck I can still pull 23-26 PSI boost without tripping the CEL light. I will admit it is defueled... :hehe

So boost levels won't tell you but a Dyno sure will... :poke:

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could probably pull an injector out and look at it. I don't know but I would guess there would be some kind of part numuber or manufacturer on there.:shrug:

·
3,514 Posts
It can be kind of hard to tell. As far as I know all aftermarket injectors just modify stock bosch injectors, so it should have stock bosch numbers on the body. With a 60hp injector, no internal mods are needed, so it would probably just be the replacement of a nozzle tip, which likely won't have any numbers. You could check the part numbers and see if they match with a RV injector. Thats all I can think of.

As for the boost, that does sound a little low.
Sean

·
Registered
69 Posts
Isnt there a difference in the injector tips between stock and after market? I think there is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts