The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have a tuner like SCT or EDGE, Banks, Diablo etc.... if you uninstall it is there any way to tell it has been tuned before. Or is it safe to assume there is no trace. what about the equipment like with the ege do you have to take out the thermocouple for the pyro and the whole harness or do you just say that was for a guage. i know its getting pretty ridiculous with chevy i ran around with them for a while trying to get injectors finally when they gave in they said they were going to charge me 80 bucks an hour to do my injectors because my truck was lifted and they would have to go up and down a step stool. I pretty much told them to eat it, and went to the Ford dealership and traded the piece of s&*! in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Right now the only way I know that they can tell is if they check your history ie boost, egts ect.. as far as the pyro and stuff, you can put them on a totally stock vehical. The stickers will give you away as well, but in the end it really depends on your dealer, we have a local Dodge dealer that is also a Bully Dog Distributor. :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
They know how many times the PCM has been flashed, and every tune install/removal is another TWO reflashes. When this number does not match the number reported in the vehicle's warrenty history, they have you.

Having said that, most often no one looks unless you give them REASON to (like custom block ventilation).

·
A mobile wrench
55 Posts
Would a second PCM that you stuck in whenever you have to visit the dealer be solution? (& take off the performance box too).
any idea?
wrench

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
No, the engine miles will not match the vehicle mileage.

·
diesel weenie
113 Posts
Most of the modules also have wires that need to be tapped into. They aren't just plug and play. Since it's usually the same wires, it's not too hard to check them for splices.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Most modules are just plug in play also and you dont have to tap into the wires. I know you dont need it for power pup or SCT and a lot of the the other stuff

·
1,171 Posts
Another key is if you have a pyro probe but no gauge. That is a dead give away. Keith

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was talking about earlier, it would look kind of funny with a probe with no guage like if you had an edge or something.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
monkeyboy said:
Most of the modules also have wires that need to be tapped into. They aren't just plug and play.
If anyone finds a module that is NOT "plug 'n play", where you need to cut into the factory wiring, RUN! Because the builders of that module certainly do not know how to properly modify the vehicle's operating parameters to attain the power they do. There is NEVER any reason to butch the factory wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts