The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets post how many miles you have on your ATV. Post picture of odometer reading and hour meter if it has one plus the ATV.

Have a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4 on the ranch. Its used primarly by my irrigator 6 to 7 days a week during the summer. 20,296 miles on it. The only repairs done to it is a water pump replacement at 16k and Brushes replaced in the starter about 500 miles ago, and 2 drive belts plus a few brake pads. Local dealer had never seen a bike with this many miles on it when they replaced the water pump due to oil seal leaking on shaft drive to water pump. All the mechanics came around to look at it to see it with the 16k miles on it at the time.
Yea the bike is not pretty:haha. Its what it looks like all summer long with the racks loaded with parts/supplies for the irrigation systems.

Attachments

·
1,705 Posts
We have an 02 Honda Foreman 450S that my dad rides and it's got north of 43,000. I'll have to snap a shot soon and post it. We have an identical 01 thats an electrical shift that's prolly in the same range but the meter broke and was replaced some years back. Both are kinda rough like yours from ranch use. Have a pair of 05 Rubicons too but neither of them are over 15,000yet.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
03 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO with less than 1K!

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO with less than 1K!
Neel, 1k is one month worth for us and you took .......10 years. You must drive it as much as your truck:poke.
By the way sitting on 157k miles on the 07 now.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Neel, 1k is one month worth for us and you took .......10 years. You must drive it as much as your truck:poke.
By the way sitting on 157k miles on the 07 now.
Yeah yeah... The new truck has 9k on it already...

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
changed oil in it today, 22,410 miles on the clock now.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
We also have a Polaris Sportsman 400, (2002 model year) with 11,400 miles. Never have had any trouble with all the years of abuse of teenage boys and all their friends have given it. Still has all original parts and is pretty busted up but runs well. Only things not original are the wheel bearings, brake pads, and front hub engagement magnets. The wires have been ripped loose several times from the creek riding and trail cutting the kids do constantly.

·
1,324 Posts
Well it doesn't have an odometer but it has huge amount of memories and I know it has a lot of miles on it. I just refurbd it with new tires, seat, air filter and oil. It had some other mechanical items a few years back but never been rebuilt. Picture of the next generation tooling thru the snow this weekend.

1984 Honda 125M ATC.

Yes I'm getting him a helmet he was limited to Low and 1st gear before anyone calls protective services:hello

Attachments

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Well it doesn't have an odometer but it has huge amount of memories and I know it has a lot of miles on it. I just refurbd it with new tires, seat, air filter and oil. It had some other mechanical items a few years back but never been rebuilt. Picture of the next generation tooling thru the snow this weekend.

1984 Honda 125M ATC.

Yes I'm getting him a helmet he was limited to Low and 1st gear before anyone calls protective services:hello
Ahh, the memories. Back in '74 I bought a brand new JC Penney "Scat Trak" with an 8hp Briggs engine. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands of newspapers I threw from that thing over the years, (Wednesdays, and Sunday's were rough). There was not a snow depth it wouldn't get through and neither the cops, nor property owners ever gave me a hard time about riding it in town. In those days, having the paper before the morning SS&S was very important. Can't begin to remember how many centrifugal clutches I want through, or how many times the engine was "freshened" but never blown up.

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crossed the 25,000 mile mark and :gaah the rear driven clutch stripped the splines to the drive shaft, shaft is ok. Can only buy the complete unit, can't just replace the internal spline.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I still have not crossed the 1k mark!

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crossed the 27,000 mile mark and 2,268 hours.

Also Suzuki King Quad 750 has over 17,600 miles.

Attachments

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Polaris now has passed the 30,000 mile mark, does not use any oil yet:smile2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts