The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already asked about leaking trans lines on the allisons, but this thread I would like all the members that have had, seen or heard of people that have had the same problem as me to post a reply stating exactly that. I.E. how many times, how many miles, If they took care of you etc. Reason being, I want to copy it and submit it to GM. these are supposed to be a quality truck, but if you continue to use the cheapest supplier for manufacturing, why should the consumer have to pay for it in the end. I think $45,000 + for a truck is paying for quality up front. If you can't get 100,000 out of trans lines under normal conditions, then I see a problem.
thanks

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Mine "seeped", not really ever leaked. Even with a slight seepage, they were replaced under warranty about 20,000 miles ago and seem to be just fine. Service manager commented that they were a "b!tch to do correctly".

I think they are difficult for some green mechanics to install correctly.

·
82 Posts
I had one replaced just about 2 weeks ago. I am working on a fix for my lines now. A guy over on DP replaced the lines with Aeroquip line and fittings. When it gets a bit warmer out that is what I am going to work on.

·
2,710 Posts
my trans has 130K and don't leak a drop. . .

Mike

·
82 Posts
Working on a fix for mine now. Will try to keep you guys posted with my results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
trans lines

I discovered mine leaking at 15k. I have to get mine done. These lines are made like crap cheap junk. But I love my truck it is a beast.

·
71 Posts
I have had mine done 2 x , and I only have 45,000 ---- 2006 crew cab 3500 4x4 single wheel .... The dealer did the first under the 3/36.... this time they did them again... under the 3/36 :) They told me they should not fail........... I said your right, thanks!!!!!!

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
90K miles, mine does not leak. Seems to be a hit or miss thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the new trans lines come in last week and I had them installed.the fitting do look different. Let's see how these hold up.

·
5 Posts
I bought my 2007 3500 dually crew cab 4x4 LBZ used with 53K. They were leaking then. I replaced them at 65K and now have 73K. So far so good. I love my fully decked out rig. This is a minor irritation.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
my truck had them replaced once under warranty, about 40k miles later they were leaking again, $150kit from the states and 2 hours later i no longer have any worries

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
There are a couple of good places to get better lines. Factory non-warranty replacements are just slightly more affordale than getting a divorce.

Sean V. sells his on eBay and I have that set on Chum. 3400PSI hydraulic lines with JIC fittings.

Tony B. has the really nice braided replacements on his site for just over $200.

Unless you can get the dealer replace with late '08+ parts you will leak again. I'm sure Slick will need a new set soon. My only decision will be do I want affordable or good looking.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
There are a couple of good places to get better lines. Factory non-warranty replacements are just slightly more affordale than getting a divorce.

Sean V. sells his on eBay and I have that set on Chum. 3400PSI hydraulic lines with JIC fittings.

Tony B. has the really nice braided replacements on his site for just over $200.

Unless you can get the dealer replace with late '08+ parts you will leak again. I'm sure Slick will need a new set soon. My only decision will be do I want affordable or good looking.
I doubt anyones gona crawl under your rig and compliment you on how nice your trans lines look josh LOL

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
I doubt anyones gona crawl under your rig and compliment you on how nice your trans lines look josh LOL
Very true. But they have red and blue fasteners. I would take pictures and post just to mess with 496's gay @ss.

·
63 Posts
Dont waste your time at a GM car dealership or after market parts take ot to an Detroit Allison Dealership they know what theyre doing and they have the right parts probly cheaper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts