The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a h&s black maxx tuned on the 225hp tune. S&b intake and 5" flo pro exhaust. Anyhow I watched my boost and I hit 43 lastnight on 3/4 throttle at 65 accelerating to 90 or so passing. What boost is too much just wondering. What is going to pop because of this pressure?

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm referring to boost of dash Gauge and black maxx gauge

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a guy on another forum say that the stock truck is designed to 41. I just want to know what to believe. I have heard of stock trucks producing that much boost so it would make sense

·
53 Posts
question

I have hit 56 psi before. Stock head bolts didn't like that to much. That was with our older tunes. Our newer tunes have boost toned down in to the high 40's, and it seems to be fine. I have almost 30,000 miles on new head gaskets with stock bolts and have had zero issues.
Hey, 08, which of the newer tunes (275, 310, 300, all?) have the lower boost pressures? What is the max tune you can run safely on stock head bolts/gaskets? (In your experience/opinion).

I was under the impression that after the 250, look into head studs and possibly a trans/TC. Is this not the case?

Thanks!

Tim

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T613. I have only tried the 250 tune and only once. My truck acted like it was getting flooded while on that setting. I have not seen the 275 and above for the black maxx. Are you asking me what pressures I think are safe. I am unsure I was hoping someone else would answer that question. In my opinion sounds like mid 40s are ok. Casey at h&s said he would personally set the defuel at 45-47 psi. I plan on this weekend taking the boost defuel off and seeing what the max it is I build so I know where to set my levels

·
53 Posts
T613. I have only tried the 250 tune and only once. My truck acted like it was getting flooded while on that setting. I have not seen the 275 and above for the black maxx. Are you asking me what pressures I think are safe. I am unsure I was hoping someone else would answer that question. In my opinion sounds like mid 40s are ok. Casey at h&s said he would personally set the defuel at 45-47 psi. I plan on this weekend taking the boost defuel off and seeing what the max it is I build so I know where to set my levels
Sorry 08Smoker, I was directing the question to 08Stroker250, sorry for the confusion!

Tim

:happymugs

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No big deal man I am just after the same info as you

·
1,415 Posts
Depends how you drive it i have spartans 275. i have 100,000 miles on my truck been tuned since 30,000 miles havent touched the hg's yet.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed agreed. Pay to play.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Hey, 08, which of the newer tunes (275, 310, 300, all?) have the lower boost pressures? What is the max tune you can run safely on stock head bolts/gaskets? (In your experience/opinion).

I was under the impression that after the 250, look into head studs and possibly a trans/TC. Is this not the case?

Thanks!

Tim
I don't think studs and transmission mods are necessary until the 310 and 350 tunes.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good deal cause that's just more money. Casey at h&s just said that with my setup he would stick with the 45 lbs of boost defuel setting. He also mentioned just as an FYI they are working on the cruise control issue users are currently experiencing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts