The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I DRIFT DIESELS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a early 99 powerstroke, tony wildman chip, 5 inch exhaust, cold air intake. just wondering who else has an early 99 and how much boost your runnning. thanks for the info

russell

·
6,337 Posts
Your boost should be around 28-30 on the hottest tune. If your seeing less then 25 I would bet you have a boost leak. Do you have a boost regulator infront of the MAP sensor? If you dont at about 20-22#'s your truck will defuel and your boost will drop.

·
I DRIFT DIESELS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tony helped me, we grounded a map sensor wire, he said that would be the same as the boost regulator. didnt work, then we just unplugged the map sensor and 25 lbs is all we saw. just wondering if since its a smaller turbo and y pipe than the 99.5 up i wouldnt see as much boost. but he did say to clean all the boots, cause they are showing some oil. and maybe some other things that could be defueling. any suggestions? thanks for the help

russell

·
6,337 Posts
Get the boost regulator first off... Running without it is not the right way. No, the 99 turbos will normaly see MORE boost then the later ones. Clean the Boots (all 6 of them!) crank them down tight. Check for up pipe leaks and go from there... How many miles on the truck?

Might look in to doing the CCV mod to.

·
I DRIFT DIESELS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
185,000, we even unplugged the map sensor, wouldnt that have let the boost go up, just like the regulator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts