The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy with an 01' HO Cummins, It has the six speed. He has some sort of injectors, no tuning, stock turbo, just the injectors. How much horse power do you think he is putting to the ground? He thinks the injectors are 100 horse, but who knows, he bought the truck used. Thanks The truck does smoke when it is lugged down. Or when taking off.

·
706 Posts
Even aset of 275s will make 40-50 hp in an HO.You need to f ind out what lnjectors he has.Without boost fooling,and anything else,it will set aboost code and defuel if he makes too much HP/boost.

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that it has a boostelbow on there. He bought the truck with the injectors in it, so we don't know what they are, he thinks that they should be good for around a hundred horse, with some programming to go with them. He looses alot of power when he gets over 2,300 rpm, he is then out of his map.

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, that is when these trucks defuel stock, if you add a box like an edge comp for example the truck will fuel up to 3000 rpm. Yeah it is really hard to guess at how big injectors are they are 100hp injectors and that is the only mod apart from the boost elbow, then I would say it should be mid 300's AT THE CRANK. Probably only mid 200's at the ground. an exhaust and intake would slightly change those figures, but it is really hard to know with out knowing the injectors. If they are 275's then, then right round 275 maybe 280ish would be a good estimate. Hope that helps.
Sean

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. He was thinking that he should be up around 345 and I was like prolly not. Thanks again though guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts