The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 99 F250 XLT for sale at a local dealership of mine. If you click on the craigslist ad, you will see the pics and all the different colors. They at first wanted $4500, and now want $4000. I went up and looked at the truck yesterday and drove it around the lot. As you can see from the pics, this truck was a roll-over that has been Frankensteined together. The title is clear (i don't know how, but the frame is not bent, so this might be why). The only original items are the engine, trans (recently replaced),interior and bed. The truck has 288K, no tailgate, needs bodywork all around (especially around the passenger side of the bed, lots of road rash), new paint, and an interior cleaning. I offered $2500 and the guy laughed, after a few minutes of talking, I said $3000. He said he could part it out for more and laughed once again., but what do you guys think? It drove well and has most of the service receipts.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3130046094.html

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Thats a lot of work for a lot of miles. While its hard to find a diesel pickup for that price normally there is a reason they are so cheap. If the frame is solid, and repairs done right your only looking to paint it, i would say you will have anywhere from 900-1300 in paint supplies doing it your self maybe more.

Sent from my IPhone 4s An AT&T not so 4G phone via Tapatalk.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with him again today and he won't budge from the $4000. He told me that he could part the vehicle out for more than $3000 and won't go for it. It has a 3 month old Jasper Transmission and this is what he is banking on. It was a trade in, and i heard from another employee that she traded it in for $1500. I told him that if he changes his mind, to give me a call.

·
BODEY
107 Posts
:whs Im with adrianspeed. Hes right he can get more parting it out.Theres alot of miles evan if it hadnt been wrecked. Around here this truck in good shape would be 6000-7000 blue book. if you have some one around here do the body work and paint it 3000 minumum.if you get it at 3000 and it brakes you can part it out get your money back:rock. Or you ask how much for the tranny. keep us posted.:wave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts