The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again all,... ok here goes: I have a 2000 7.3 f350 dually, 4" turbo back with muff, AFE stage 2 intake, superchip tuner on HP, edge juice with attitude and a wicked wheel.... How much boost should I be generating? also I have a manual tranny. I get blown away by others when towing my toy hauler and can't figure out why. With everything I have on the truck I should be able to pull the hills at around 60 mph like all those who pass me but 45 is all i can muster! I watch the egts very closely and back out of the throttle when they get near 1150.

·
862 Posts
Your Superchips and Edge doesn't stack. Besides, there are much better tuners out there.

Where is your EGT probe? Is it pre-turbo or post-turbo?

·
86 Posts
dually said:
temp probe is post turbo.
1150 POST-TURBO!!! Holy Chit man:damnit

Thats way too hot. 1250 PRE-turbo is max. How much is your trailer? My '99 has no problem towing 7k at 70mph up the mountain passes at 1200 pre-turbo. Mine isn't a manual tranny, but IIRC I would be making somewhere around a constant 20psi boost.

Edit

Are you lugging the engine? that will cause the egts to climb very quick.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, maybe I'm an idiot, the temp probe is mounted in the exhaust manifold on the passengers side I guess that would be pre turbo. My bad.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Macktruckdriver said:
What is the max it should be post turbo. I have mine post turbo since all semis are post turbo thats where I put mine.
950-1000* there is about a 300* difference between pre and post

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
WOW Iv run mine up to 1200* all the time pulling trucks to silver and back. I guess Im really guna need to spray water this summer or get a bigger cooler or turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts