120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do I remove the square head nuts on the fuel ports?:shrug:

Tim

·
Registered
460 Posts
An adjustable wrench, a box end wrench?

I guess I don't understand the question since I have an OBS.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i guess I could try a crescent wrench. I was hoping for a special tool that fit more securely around the nut. I'm just afraid of rounding the edges and never getting the things out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is it possitioned where you can tap on the head to jar the threads a little? That might help loosen it before the "rounding" begins.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, looks like ITP got there link fixed for the reg-kit install. I need a 9/32 4-point socket.....which I can't find anyplace.

Why the heck do these auto makers use such funky factory fittings?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your local Mac or Snap-On dealer will probably have the socket. An end wrench will work if you are careful.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no luck finding a 9/32" 4point socket. This is the only part holding me from finishing my reg return install. I can't get these stupid things out. I've tried penetrating lubricant and various wrenches. Vise grips just won't hold good. Now what??

Tim

·
2,106 Posts
ndrorydr said:
Still no luck finding a 9/32" 4point socket. This is the only part holding me from finishing my reg return install. I can't get these stupid things out. I've tried penetrating lubricant and various wrenches. Vise grips just won't hold good. Now what??

Tim

I have never heard of a 4 point socket... Get an 8 or 12 point, either of those should work...

·
2,106 Posts
That is.... If you have not already rounded it off by using vise grips.

·
TDG Mafia Member # 37
901 Posts
Wher did you get the kit? Mine came with the 9/32" 4 point socket in the kit. Gene :mafia

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Putting the fuel system together myself. All new lines from the tank to the return. Plus I ripped out the fuel bowl and installing a couple prepump spin on fuel filters. Pretty much the only thing I'm not changing is the pump....for now:sly:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts