The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you guys done to eliminate the front and rear ends from hopping? It seems that the super dutys hop bad when you'er spinning in mud,(when in 4 wheel drive), snow(when in 2 or 4 wheel drive) or on dry pavemet(when in 2 wheel drive). My old truck never hopped like my new one does. My buddy had the same problem in his 01 and his new truck an 04.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
239 Posts
post this is the general ford section, this has nothing to do with the 6.0L

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry

·
310 Posts
but 6.0l is a ford and some 6.0 owners tend to know the most about the superduty setup,

·
511 Posts
i would look into ladder bars

·
775 Posts
Your springs are wrapping causing the hop. Traction bars ft and rear will solve the problem. The reason this happens with the SD is the springs are made for a nice ride when empty and stiff when loaded. My 06 doesn't have the problem in the ft because it has coils. Some times double shocking will help. Hay, PM me when the snow is almost gone because i'm going to head to casper then on to Washington when the weather is warmer. No hurry, its just my summer pilgimage.

·
775 Posts
SmokingIDI_7.3L said:
Don't worry about it. Guys ask questions about trans's, rear ends and noisy doors on this thread. You have a 6.0 in that trk of yours so ask and we will give our advice. Its probably bad advice but heck, its free.:popcorn:

·
2,106 Posts
try cinching up the nut on the u-bolts really tight. I once felt like I had a lot of axle wrap going on and found that I was able to tighten like a turn and a half.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts