The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 psd crew. ecm in foot well behind the ebrake. has a 3 position diablo chip. Going to take truck in for service and I want to completely remove the chip. Can it be done without removing the entire bracket that holds ebrake? How does it come off? Slide up? slide out? down? Is it screwed or otherwise secured in place?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1997 psd crew. ecm in foot well behind the ebrake. has a 3 position diablo chip. Going to take truck in for service and I want to completely remove the chip. Can it be done without removing the entire bracket that holds ebrake? How does it come off? Slide up? slide out? down? Is it screwed or otherwise secured in place?

Thanks!
https://dp-tuner.com/skin/frontend/default/dptuner/files/DP-TUNER PCM INSTALLATION 94-97.pdf

Here are our instructions for getting the PCM out of a 94-97. Hope this helps.

·
187 Posts
pull the e brake (3 nuts) and you should be able th pull the chip out the back with out pulling the ecm(be sure the key is OFF.)

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I had a shop pull the chip because the general opinion is that no chip is better than a chip....

I ended up having to back track over the "mechanics" work to try and fix a newly developed cold start problem. So, I pulled the 3 nuts off the E brake, and re installed the chip. Easy as pie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts