The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track last night.... I have a 01 Dodge Cummins with a Edge Comp Built tranny, some sticks and an hx 40 Turbo. I ran a 14.2,,, This was the best that I can get out of the truck as it sits... I have a Aurora 5000 turbo that I am waiting to install... I was wondering what else can be done to get a better time.. I was thinking bigger sticks??? or stacking the SMARTY with the edge.. ANy answers??

·
393 Posts
How big are your current sticks?
Is the truck just going to be for drag racing or is it a daily driver?
The 5000 will probably be laggy so the smarty might help it spool earlier, but I don't think you will get a big improvement in times. The 5000 and will give you the jump, as long as you have the fuel for it.
I assume you have a good fuel system.
I would say Turbo, injectors, hrvp44. In that order, one at a time, if you have the time to test each step.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have a Holley blue and it holds around 15 pds and on WOT it goes to about 10 or 11pds Plenty of fuel right now... need to get more air and a little more fuel.. I am not sure what Kind of injectors are in the truck I bought it with injectors in it... the person I bought it from said that they are bosch 150???? I dont know though.. Just wondering if bigger injectors or the Smarty would be better.??

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Injectors are they way to go.

Do somthing from either Industrial Injection, Dynomite Diesel. You could easily run a 200hp or so injector with the K31 (aurora 5000).

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
LIPD said:
what about the F1 Injectors like a mach 4 or 5
You can buy a 200 hp injector from II or DPP for the same price as a 150 hp injector from Formula 1.

IMHO, Don M's stuff is way overpriced for the amount of performance you get from them.

·
3,514 Posts
MKoth said:
You can buy a 200 hp injector from II or DPP for the same price as a 150 hp injector from Formula 1.

IMHO, Don M's stuff is way overpriced for the amount of performance you get from them.
But do you really show the same power out of the other. I've seen two trucks, set up identically, except one was running mach 4's and the other Bully dog 200hp injectors, and the truck with the 150hp mach 4's made way 35hp more on the dyno, and ran .3 faster on the 1/4. Maybe thats just bully dog, but i've heard that most claimed 200hp injectors don't show that on the dyno.

Anyways, we had a truck Mach 4's, Drag comp, Hx40, built trans, and it ran 12.8x at 3,000 feet. 13.4 on stage 1. As far as the injectors in your truck, if they are bosch injectors that haven't been honed out, then they are not 150hp, they are most likely Rv275's(Bosch 300's) and will only show between 45-60hp on the dyno, depending on the truck.

Personally I'm a huge fan of Don M's injectors, but thats just my opinion.
Seam

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what I have heard from many people is the the F1 injectors are the way to go if you have the money. They are tuned and honed injectors that many love over other injectors that they have tried..

B

·
0 Posts
Don M makes about the best 24v injectors around. He stands behind them against failing and has put a ton of R & D into everything he sells.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Bouncer said:
Don M makes about the best 24v injectors around. He stands behind them against failing and has put a ton of R & D into everything he sells.
I agree about his injectors. The only drawback is the price. If you got the money get them. If not, get the sticks you can afford. I would love to have one of his sets. I just couldn't afford them.

I would recommend the jammer nozzles if you are poor like me. Are they the best? nope. Are they good enough until I hit the lottery? yup. I just try not to think of the lost hp from running them instead of the top injectors out there.

·
345 Posts
For 150 HP or under there is nothing wrong with the Jammer tips, they work great and are inexpensive. If you are wanting more there are alot of good options out there. Industrial, and Dynomite both work very well and are less money than the Don's. We also have a line of injectors if you are wanting more than 150 HP that we can get you into for a very affordable price. The Formula injectors are very nice though and are known to work well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
12.84 with what's in my sig. Don's injectors rock but they are pricey. My next set will be bigger F1's from Don.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts