The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what parts to use to make 1000 hp it will be a street/day racing truck I would like to be able to make that hp comfortably without having to worry about the truck blowing up while driving under normal use

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely start with interior parts of the engine before doing exterior power add-one. You need better lifters, stronger gaskets, clean valves with no leaks, you can do most of this while doing a complete rebuild of that engine (involving resurfacing and valve machining). I would suggest a stronger Crank and cam shaft and your cam timing can help with your HP. Your exhaust and emissions deletes will be another help(with reliability and hp). After doing good internals you can do about anything else you want like stronger fuel supply and larger turbo(s). Transmission choice is a big thing. And your cooling upgrades should be another thing to ensure good go maintenance and maximum reliability with that HP. I hope see about oil weight and capacity with that and a cool air intake with a couple other air and fuel supply upgrades. I’m hoping this info can help I would for sure go with Internal upgrades first though. Exterior HP add-one can be easier later on. YouTube has some great videos I would look into as well just because I could be missing some information and I don’t wanna feed you all totally wrong information and second opinions would be nice

1 - 2 of 2 Posts