The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done a dyno pull before nor have i seen it done. How do i do it once i get on the dyno. Surprisingly as it might be to you guys, i have only had this truck since august and its my first diesel truck. Everything i have learned and done to the truck has been thanks to these forums.

So what do i don once its on there. leave it in overdrive? i have a lock up switch, should i use it? what do i do??

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
tpically the owner/operator will do your run.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
ok bill.. if the owner doesnt do it... then this is how we did my old mustang.. so im figuring a diesel will be the same...

get the truck to shift through all the gears slowly.. then when your ready.. just slam the pedel to the floor and bring it up to red line ( or lower if you want to be safe)

i mean.. i did this on my mustang but i redlined the **** out of it to see what it can do.. i dont know if you wnat to do the same with your truck.. i would bring it up to red line though.. just my :2cents

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Get it into the highest gear it will hold, lock-up the tc and stand into it until the operator says stop or you hit the readline. The dyno operator ill be able to help you and give advise.

Click Here

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New South Florida Shop..

After a lot of people have been asking me to help them out with their cummins performance last weekend ,it looks like me and a buddy are going to be opening a shop in sw miami dade.

my buddy has years of experience in installations and service on a lot of vehicles and plans on specializing on lift kits, roll cages, and pretty much anything off road

I will be dealing in diesel performance parts and installations, specializing in Cummins. Its a long shot with all the competition out there but hopefully being one of a very few diesel specialty shops in SW dade county we can make it work.

The name of the company will be Home Grown Off Road INC, after the club we created and we hope to be open within a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
BillM2004 said:
After a lot of people have been asking me to help them out with their cummins performance last weekend ,it looks like me and a buddy are going to be opening a shop in sw miami dade.

my buddy has years of experience in installations and service on a lot of vehicles and plans on specializing on lift kits, roll cages, and pretty much anything off road

I will be dealing in diesel performance parts and installations, specializing in Cummins. Its a long shot with all the competition out there but hopefully being one of a very few diesel specialty shops in SW dade county we can make it work.

The name of the company will be Home Grown Off Road INC, after the club we created and we hope to be open within a few weeks.
:bow: :woot: Sweet, I think you guys will be alright. Good Luck :Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
after just owning the deisel you have some cahones man, to jump into it so much and to do it all so well, congratualtions and good luck man

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
I wish you the best of luck Bill. Congrats!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cajuncummins said:
after just owning the deisel you have some cahones man, to jump into it so much and to do it all so well, congratualtions and good luck man
yeah i am pretty new, but i guess im doing something right if i have everyone asking me to do work for them. Besides its me and a buddy, which has a cetificate from some place, i forget where, to do diesel work also. so its not only me, i just know more about the performance end of it than he does. Hes a mechanic and has been doing it for about, well as long as i have know him, years. hes done everything from track cars to huge off road vehicles, to changing the oil on grandma's lincoln.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
hey bill.. when you get a logo of your busniess.. make some decals.. ill slap couple on my truck.. as long as they add about 50hp... you know where still here if you got your questions on trucks and stuff.. i also know alot about the 6.0 and 6.4 if you ever have to work on one of those piles of S*its... or just tell the customer.. yeah you blew up the motor.. cummins conversation??

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sabbath5.9 said:
hey bill.. when you get a logo of your busniess.. make some decals.. ill slap couple on my truck.. as long as they add about 50hp... you know where still here if you got your questions on trucks and stuff.. i also know alot about the 6.0 and 6.4 if you ever have to work on one of those piles of S*its... or just tell the customer.. yeah you blew up the motor.. cummins conversation??
I just figured if someone came in with a ford and said they wanted to go fast, ide say trade it in for a dodge! lol
The decal will add at least 50 HP..lol
thanks, i have been reading up on fords too.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
not a problem buddy.. your located in miami??

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup about an hour north of the keys

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
sounds like a plane trip this summer or spring break.. come down and watch ya race and stuff.. or if i got my cummins.. ill drive down

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sabbath5.9 said:
sounds like a plane trip this summer or spring break.. come down and watch ya race and stuff.. or if i got my cummins.. ill drive down
Thats cool, i go to the track about every weekend! im there so much my girlfriend told me she was going to build me a house at the track! LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
LOL thats great

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
BillM2004 said:
Thats cool, i go to the track about every weekend! im there so much my girlfriend told me she was going to build me a house at the track! LOL
well thats great man, i hope you can kick some *** with the shop, couldnt persuade you to send some decals north of the border? haha just buggin ya:givemebeer
although tell your girlfriend that if she needs a carpenters help to just call me:popcorn: LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
how do you delete posts btw?

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
i dont think you can

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
hmmm.. has to be a way, i hate when i hit send twice and it duplicates a message and then i have to edit it so i dont look like an idiot... HAHA LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts