The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do raise the Rev limiter or get More RPms without going with a redline box (heard bad things about this box) What can I do to get more??? anything cheap or do I have to go into the Pump??!:93C_peelo :93C_peelo

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
The drag mod on your comp will raise the defueling point to 3200, the redline goes to 4000(I think). It just depends on how far you want to go with it. The drag upgrade will run you $125 and you have to do without the comp for a week or so.

·
3,514 Posts
I haven't heard that about the smarty, but its possible, I don't own one so I can't say for sure. The drag comp will raise it to either 3200 or 3300 I can't remember for sure. the redline, is just a really hot box, you could always run it just for the drags, and turn it off otherwise. It is really pricey though. The redline has some really nice features to it though.
Other than that I couldn't tell ya.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I have heard the same thing about the smarty but that was second hand info so I wouldn't swear to it. I know the drag is 3200 because the lady at Edge told me that when I sent mine off last Thurs. I wish they would stretch it to about 3800. I would stick with the drag upgrade over a smarty for the price difference if nothing else. The smarty is pretty pricey compared to $125 for the upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a smarty and it lets me get to @ 3200.Way I hear it, to go much higher takes new cam and springs.Smarty also has 2 anti-theft options and a setting for emisions(?) testing.

·
464 Posts
The last Sledpull event I used my edge drag and the smarty on #8 and my RPM's went over 4000, don't know how much. The pull before that I just used the edge drag and it turned 3600.

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, I don't know the exact parameters of each catcher program so it is quite possible that extended fueling is in one or all of them. It would be nice to know what each one did.
Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts