The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m thinking about juice up my -02 d-max. What does take to reach 500hp. I have an Edge unit and a KN air filter today. Mostly it goes on the street. Sometimes I tow a little trailer that weighs 2000/2500 kg. That aint much in your eyes but remember that I live in sweden. I know that the allison trans cant handle moore than +100hp above stock horsepower. The TransGo shift kit should help the allison too handle 500 hp on the street.

Best regards
Peter

·
129 Posts
For starters get the trans built. Suncoast III or IV, ATS, something like that. They can send you the parts or the whole trans. I cant imagine shipping a whole trans 500#'s or so to Sweden.

The PPE Hot +2 will put down 470-490 hp to the wheels. If you are set on 500hp, you should go to EFI and get a 500hp tune from one of the big guys that know what they are doing.

First, get rid of the edge. As far as intakes, the stocker is good to 500hp, just keep it clean and check your filter minder.

You will also need a lift pump to keep fuel to the CP3 with the Hot +2. PPe sells a kit that I hear is good.

Hope this helps

Jamie

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
That is easier than it sounds. PPE hot +2, and built transimission are pretty much the basics to getting that, and of course the other stuff like exhaust and intake

·
925 Posts
Dieselson said:
That is easier than it sounds. PPE hot +2, and built transimission are pretty much the basics to getting that, and of course the other stuff like exhaust and intake
A hot EFILive tune is pretty easy, plus you will need the lift pump and the boost valve.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
No intake necessary for 500hp.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts