The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is. I dont know why so many people hate the ESOF hubs. Mine have always worked perfectly because they are well maintained :)

Granted, if they ever broke I would get some WARNs or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnm7Gy83_8

·
1,324 Posts
Here it is. I dont know why so many people hate the ESOF hubs. Mine have always worked perfectly because they are well maintained :)

Granted, if they ever broke I would get some WARNs or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnm7Gy83_8
My selectors were seized and one was locked in manual. Didn't watch the entire video but hopefully he recommended soaking with a little penetrating spray. The aluminum seems to build up some corrosion. Mine were never maintained by first owner so for 200 $ I put some WARNs in. Ford wanted 250$ each. :stars

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't watch the entire video but hopefully he recommended soaking with a little penetrating spray. The aluminum seems to build up some corrosion.
Nope. I have never had to use penetrating lube on any if the hubs I've taken off. Just a little wiggle and they come out. Never seen them corroded either. Granted I dont live in the rust belt.

·
1,324 Posts
Nope. I have never had to use penetrating lube on any if the hubs I've taken off. Just a little wiggle and they come out. Never seen them corroded either. Granted I dont live in the rust belt.
I wish I would have taken pictures of them now but the selector switch for Auto/Manual was siezed in both of mine. The previous owner left one in manual so the axle was spinning all the time. They still operated but I couldn't get the selctor to turn. soaked and soaked but no good the aluminum had basically locked it and since the selector is a porous sintered part (too allow air to come in during vacuum locking) they just break when you put enough wrench on them. Yeah salt is tough on lots of stuff.

Wes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts