The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading over the install instructions for the ICON 4.5 kit. I have some tools, but I'm sure I don't have what it takes to loosen or tighten the frame end of the track bar to the torque requirement.

For the do-it-youself person, I'm looking for some tips and/or what tool do I need to use?

Thank you!

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
I'm reading over the install instructions for the ICON 4.5 kit. I have some tools, but I'm sure I don't have what it takes to loosen or tighten the frame end of the track bar to the torque requirement.

For the do-it-youself person, I'm looking for some tips and/or what tool do I need to use?

Thank you!

take the tire off and use a HUGE cheater bar...406ftlbs of tq

I've done it numerous times in my driveway.

·
Team White
727 Posts
I used a 3/4 drive wratchet and turned the tire all the way to the left. I also slid a jack handle over the ratched to get the extra leverage. Worked great until i snapped the socket:mad:

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
I picked up a 600ftlb torque wrench after I did it a few times...now I know I'm getting enough umph on it.

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.... A 400+ ft/lbs torque wrench isn't cheap... I only need it for an hour or so. I wonder if I can rent one?

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
come to my Bash on the Bash Event...I'll let ya use mine..

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
come to my Bash on the Bash Event...I'll let ya use mine..
Bash on the Bash event? Wheres that one gonna be?:madpoke

I know its your event and all but I think its called Bash on the Bayou.:kick

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
lol...alcohol makes you stupid,....case in point.

BTW- why haven't you confirmed on coming yet?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
I want to go, and I will if I can. I'll just see what work is gonna have in store. At this point, at the time of the bash, I could be working 100 hrs a week or not have a job at all. I'll let you know though.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
F all that nonsense, you don't need a torque wrench, buying or renting. Torque is foot pounds. To get that, you multiply the length of the arm by the pounds of pressure. Basically, using a 2' pole, applying 20 pounds of pressure, that's 40 ft-lbs. Use a 4' pole, apply 100 pounds of pressure, you get 400 ft lbs.

Tank weighs over 200 lbs. If he stood on a 4' pole, he could make more torque than his truck could. LOL

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
F all that nonsense, you don't need a torque wrench, buying or renting. Torque is foot pounds. To get that, you multiply the length of the arm by the pounds of pressure. Basically, using a 2' pole, applying 20 pounds of pressure, that's 40 ft-lbs. Use a 4' pole, apply 100 pounds of pressure, you get 400 ft lbs.

Tank weighs over 200 lbs. If he stood on a 4' pole, he could make more torque than his truck could. LOL

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

D1CKKK!!!!!!!!

you're kinda right though...last Dyno (on 41's)was 786TQ....but that was before I did a bunch of mods...LOL

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
LOL told ya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts