The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for info on what all needs to be done to run an E model with out jakes, getting ready to mess around with a motor that is in a truck that a friend bought for parts, turns out the previous owner seems to have removed just one jake.

Can I just remove the other one and then take care of the harness, or am I going to have to locate some parts off of a factory non-jake engine. Then what about the programming as well, is the computer going to have trouble with something not being there that's supposed to be.

I'm looking to use this engine as a possible candidate for a build up and won't need the jakes anyways, just wanting to know what to look forward to.

·
128 Posts
Not sure about running it with no jakes but you could always just get one housing and run it with the jakes. Heavily modified E still run well with the Jakes. All the trucks at El Rodeo still run jakes. Just a thought

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL, that would be a problem I would be okay with.

I know when I was talking to ynot about my B model we talked about getting the jakes off the top of the engine to try and keep as much heat as possible out of the top end, I figured the same principle would apply in this situation, once all that metal in the jake housings gets hot its hard to cool back off.

·
31 Posts
You need shorter bolts,part# 5j5794.tie the wires off to the side under valve cover,andthe ecm settings should be fine if you elimenate switches in dash.check engine light wil not come on unless switches are there and in on position when you let off of the throttle.good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts