The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered an sct touch extreme with rcd 450, 525, and 585. just wondering how people are likin the tunes and if there have been lots of problems with them. only reason i got it over spartan or blackmaxx was for the blue tooth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats good to hear. My buddy is super charging his lincoln pickup, figures he can blow a chiped diesel out of the water. so i had to buy these to put him in his place.
gotta give him a case of the black lung!

·
23 Posts
i was thinking of getting the same tunes from rcd pretty soon here i think i have to upgrade my clutch first though she slips a bit with the standard tunes dont want to know what she will do with their race tune

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
First of all, I don't have RCD tunes. But I can comment on your clutch.

I'll tell you from experience, SB 3600# dual disc with 12 buttons per side won't hold up to the high HP tunes for these trucks. But SB doesn't offer hydraulic upgrades for these trucks either, so the highest option they have is for 3850# DD with 12 Feramic buttons per side, and that's supposedly good for 950 at the flywheel, and with 20% rule, that's only 760 RWHP. With the torque these trucks are making, I'm still worried about the 3850, but I'm going to try it out anyway, don't have many other options.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i got the tuner her just waiting for tunes to get emailed, but i cannot find the option to turn off the dpf. guy told me it would ask when i install the tune but it doesnt.

also had transmission option, dyno,race, or stock. is that asking if i want stock or race shifting, or asking if i actually have a stock transmission?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
il also add. the pre loaded sct tunes suck compared to my diablo predator. the diablo poured black smoke, way better transmission tuning, and more bottom end. i really hope these river city tunes are allot better than the pre loaded ones.

and one of the posts said tranny will slip in seccond gear with the 585 should i not be running these without an upgraded tranny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts