The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good ball park guess be on hp? and what could my 1/4 mile times be this is just to get a estimate, cause i dont know.

edit: tranny is still factory so asssume its a full built.

·
3,514 Posts
I'm going to say probably 370-390. ET, probably 13.8ish.
Sean

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any one else????

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
RED DRAGON said:
what would be a good ball park guess be on hp? and what could my 1/4 mile times be this is just to get a estimate, cause i dont know.

edit: tranny is still factory so asssume its a full built.

01 dodge 3/4 quad cab swb 4x4 auto cowl hood, high ram intake, 4" striaght pipe, silencer ring gone, BHAF, edge juice/attitude, DDIII's, vulcan relocation kit, II 62/14
Well you'd be above me for sure... The only thing I don't have on your BOMB list is injectors and the turbo...

I'm pulling 381/826 and 379/831 on the dyno...:Thumbup:

·
3,514 Posts
Mopar1973Man said:
Well you'd be above me for sure... The only thing I don't have on your BOMB list is injectors and the turbo...

I'm pulling 381/826 and 379/831 on the dyno...:Thumbup:
That just sounds awfully high to me for just running a semi aggressive box as the only fueling mod. If your truck puts down 190hp to the rear wheels stock, a box that is supposed to add 120hp shouldn't be adding 191hp.

What gear did they dyno your truck in? Also just personal opinion, all dynos are different, you can't compare two different trucks on two different dynos in two locations. They are more of a tuning tool than anything, or a decent comparison when tested back to back. So it could be that the dyno was off or something like that.
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
sstockton said:
That just sounds awfully high to me for just running a semi aggressive box as the only fueling mod. If your truck puts down 190hp to the rear wheels stock, a box that is supposed to add 120hp shouldn't be adding 191hp.

What gear did they dyno your truck in? Also just personal opinion, all dynos are different, you can't compare two different trucks on two different dynos in two locations. They are more of a tuning tool than anything, or a decent comparison when tested back to back. So it could be that the dyno was off or something like that.
Sean
Then everyone on the web page would be wrong too...:poke:
http://www.idahobombersforum.com/events/05-19-07/index.htm

This was the group I ran with... As for my 3 run they were done in a row... Stock run (Edge Comp OFF) 228/462, Edge Comp (5x5) 381/826 and 379/831...

381-228 = 153 Difference...

As for double checking the HP number its very close... I got a ScanGauge II the calculates the HP number on the fly... I normally can hit roughly 360-380 without any problems...

Here is the page for the tool...
http://www.scangauge.com/

Here is the page to program the tool...
http://www.scangauge.com/support/horsepower.shtml

I need to get a more current pic but here is a burred shoot of me trying at the begin of winter and broke loose and start spining on the highway... The highway was just sprayed with de-icer too... Very dumb...:damnit

Boost 34 PSI
Pyro climbing fast (nearing 1,200*F)
Coolant Temp 185*F
IAT Sensor Temp 85*F
2.8 MPG
Hpr (Horsepower Rating) 302 HP

Later on when I remember to I pack the camera and try for a good 390 HP run...:evil:

·
3,514 Posts
I'm just saying that sounds a little high to me. Maybe a decent number at the flywheel, but pretty high for the rear wheels. But I could be wrong. I'm also curious because a guy on that page, with a similar set up to yours but with 90hp sticks only made 17hp more. I'm really not trying to be a dick, this just doesn't make much sense to me.
Sean

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am kind of along the side of sean, not to question that it really made that hp but have you every dyno'd it again to see if it will put down simmular numbers. i know that there will be a small difference because of weather conditions and if you do it on the same dyno, but if its the same i need to see if mine has somthing wrong with it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
also not to rag on you, but it looks like all the trucks on there seem to have really high HP for the mods listed. it could be that the dyno is off?

·
113 Posts
my dad's 02 put down 437hp with 110ddp sticks, reg juice with att, fass, stock vp and a htt57/14. i put 508hp with 200 ddp sticks, drag comp, fass, htt64/14 and stock vp. my buddy truck before he got rid of it. 440hp with 275 marines that ddp had reworked, a fass and a juice. his was done on dunbars dyno and a load dyno. my dads and mine was just done a load dyno

with just a drag comp i put 322hp and stock turbo. stock turbo and edge 150 jammers did 404.

i would venture to say that you are closer to 425-450 if you have enough fuel for you pump

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
smokeyourdiesel said:
my dad's 02 put down 437hp with 110ddp sticks, reg juice with att, fass, stock vp and a htt57/14. i put 508hp with 200 ddp sticks, drag comp, fass, htt64/14 and stock vp. my buddy truck before he got rid of it. 440hp with 275 marines that ddp had reworked, a fass and a juice. his was done on dunbars dyno and a load dyno. my dads and mine was just done a load dyno

with just a drag comp i put 322hp and stock turbo. stock turbo and edge 150 jammers did 404.

i would venture to say that you are closer to 425-450 if you have enough fuel for you pump
you set up is pretty close to mine, so that sounds right to me, actual proof is good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts