The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting the truck on a mustang dyno tonight that a friend has in his shop. If anyone wants to guess what the truck will put down on the rollers. i will report back late tonight or early in the morning with some numbers and of course video and pictures.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Why guess at why don't just buy a ScanGauge II and you always know...:sly:

(WT = Water Temp, IA = Intake Air Temp, MPG = Miles Per Gallons, HPR = Horsepower Rating)

When you go to run you HP measure make sure you doing it safely. I did mine on a chemically slick road in early winter... I got all the way to 302 HP and the rear broke loose and scare the crap out of me... That why the pic is burry...

But typically I can hit the 360-380 HP mark without much problems...:Thumbup:

·
3,514 Posts
There are no injectors listed in your sig. but for some reason I thought you had a set. With what is listed in your sig. I'm guessing around the 300 maybe 320's mark at the wheels. If you have sticks that makes it a whole different ball game. So report back what you get though.
Sean

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i thought i had listed my injectors. They are Jammer stage 5's full injector (150hp) I fixed my sig now.

Michael where did you get that scangauge II
I used to have a Buick GN before the dodge and they had scanmasters for them. Pretty neat tool.

·
3,514 Posts
150hp jammers, I'm going to say close to 400hp with the stock charger on there.
Sean

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can officially say my tranny is not up to the task. When we got it on the dyno and loaded it. The transmission was slipping and holding me back on making numbers.

Stock 309.9 RWHP
559.1 TQ

70HP Box Setting
337.9 RWHP
633.7 TQ

120HP
338.3 RWHP Corrected 382.2 HP
756.1 TQ Corrected 854.3 TQ

There was also a new 6.4 powerstroke out there and it only put down 230RWHP and i forgot the TQ. But i think these numbers seemed a little low. I have read that 6.4 trucks dyno more around 280-290 bone stock.

Later,
Josh

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the links to that. 170 don't seem like a bad price for that. I need one..

On back on topic: Here is a few videos from last night.

·
3,514 Posts
Those aren't bad numbers with a shot transmission. Get some more air in there and you should hit the 450hp mark pretty easily. How much boost are you pushing with that set up? I bet you could wind your little charger out to about 55psi with that much fuel. Poor little turbo.
Sean

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sstockton said:
Those aren't bad numbers with a shot transmission. Get some more air in there and you should hit the 450hp mark pretty easily. How much boost are you pushing with that set up? I bet you could wind your little charger out to about 55psi with that much fuel. Poor little turbo.
Sean
LOL Yeah i honestly don't know how much boost. It's more than 35psi..:evil: And thanks for the input. I will be dynoing again sometime in the near future with a built tranny.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
91rangerturbo said:
I can officially say my tranny is not up to the task. When we got it on the dyno and loaded it. The transmission was slipping and holding me back on making numbers.

Stock 309.9 RWHP
559.1 TQ

70HP Box Setting
337.9 RWHP
633.7 TQ

120HP
338.3 RWHP Corrected 382.2 HP
756.1 TQ Corrected 854.3 TQ

Later,
Josh
Nice... I did very similar numbers like yourself... :woot:
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/2002 CTD.htm