The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
DSRTECH said:
Can you get in the 450-550hp with vp44 pumped engines
Not hard at all really... Just going to cost you some serious money to do it... But there is several things to deal with to make sure its a relable 450-550 HP truck without blowing up or breaking down all the time...

·
113 Posts
its easy
turbo $1200-1700
injectors 150hp 0r 200hp
drag comp or juice
fass or airdog
injector pump?

i made 508 with a stock vp, fass, 200ddp sticks, htt quick diesel 64, drag comp. if you want to be closer to 550 you need a hot rod vp. my dad makes 440 with a juice, fass, 110ddp sticks, htt 57/14 and stock vp.

once you get closer to the 480hp+ the stock vp begins having trouble keeping up your fuel demands

·
Registered
550 Posts
transmission is the key. what is the point in having all the power in the world if you cant put it to the ground. my setup for trans injectors fuel pumps and boxes i have maybe 7000 wrapped up in it. it sounds like a lot but when you figure 5000 of that is trans work only then it isnt so bad. but a trans needs to come first.

·
113 Posts
alright how many vp trucks have you seen make more than 550 on fuel only with a stock vp , a single charger and still have good street manors. they are very few and far between.
how many vp trucks have you seen do worth a darn at a pull? now days they are not even in the top 10. they cant get enough fuel.
everybody around here is putting a p pump on them. i was going to put a p pump on my until i found out my 2 engine head was junk.

·
3,514 Posts
In my experience, the hot rod pumps didn't add a lot of extra fuel when a box is added into the mix. Maybe 30 or so, its when the box is off that it makes a big difference, or at least thats what I've seen.
Sean

·
Registered
973 Posts
smokeyourdiesel said:
Alright how many vp trucks have you seen make more than 550 on fuel only with a stock vp, a single charger, and still have good street manors.
More than you evidentally. Care to enlighten us on how using an 028 cam ring and injection pump ECU on an 027 core works? Or maybe how the hydraulically assisted timing device functions perhaps? Here is a tip of advice for your future internet exploits, mind what you say and to who you say it to , unless you like being put in your place.

·
Registered
86 Posts
industrial injection makes the Hot Rod VP 44 i love it and with injectors it flows plenty of fuel... its approx 1200, do this with injectors a chip programmer and intake your set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts