The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine lives out in the middle of Nevada and this morning he called me with a problem. He’s got a 95 Powerstroke and the rear cover blew out of the HPOP this morning when he was trying to start it.

They just put a mech fuel pump in it last week and my old HPOP but it’s been running fine ever since. I sent him a good used 96 HPOP a few weeks ago because his had stripped threads on one of the HP outlets.

I asked him if the snap ring was tweaked, he said can’t see because its somewhere in the valley of death..LOL He’s going to get a magnet tomorrow and fish it out.

Anybody ever heard of this?

·
455 Posts
I have seen them leak oil from that plug but not blow the plub out .. either way sounds like he needs a new pump to me now

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I just put one in an 99 that blew the back out of it. Have seen a couple other ones do it, but not very often

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everybody, I was kind of wondering if they might have popped one end of the snap ring out putting it in. This was an early pump, I’ve got another early one loose in the shop. That’s the first one I’ve heard of do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts