The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing this HPOP crossover a lot lately. As I understand it a cross over line is run from one rail to the other so the sensor reads the pressure from both sides. In essence it equalizes pressure to both sides it sounds like. It's a cheap mod and seams to make sense but was wondering how those that have done it feel.

·
S.L.A.P.S. Sgt. at Arms
440 Posts
Great question, I too want to know if this is worth the money.

Will-

·
Registered
388 Posts
dog3434 said:
I'm seeing this HPOP crossover a lot lately. As I understand it a cross over line is run from one rail to the other so the sensor reads the pressure from both sides. In essence it equalizes pressure to both sides it sounds like. It's a cheap mod and seams to make sense but was wondering how those that have done it feel.
im also thinkin of buying one ,if anyone has any info on it it would be helpful:thanks:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I did the one on mine a year ago and will say this......IT ISNT A PERFORMANCE MOD.....it will smooth out your idle, give better throttle response, and make it alittle quieter at idle. Is it worth it????? Sure I like mine and when it comes time to replace I will buy the stainless steel hard line....which will bring up a whole other discussion

·
Registered
36 Posts
DieselDan said:
I did the one on mine a year ago and will say this......IT ISNT A PERFORMANCE MOD.....it will smooth out your idle, give better throttle response, and make it alittle quieter at idle. Is it worth it????? Sure I like mine and when it comes time to replace I will buy the stainless steel hard line....which will bring up a whole other discussion
Just did mine and used the one that Bob Riley sells. As mentioned not a performance mod but she's quieter, smoother and all around more pleasabt hey now I can hear the the road noise form the tire....lol.....C-man

would I do it again.........wish I'd done it sooner...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, where is the best place to buy one. I see them around. Diesel innovations was the last place I saw.

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
I just had the cross over line blow on my wifes early 99. I think ITP has a solid line and had good luck with so far. That's the way I'm going now..:shrug:

·
Rockin-S
215 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
I did mine a couple years ago. It smoothed out the idle enough for the truck not to shake anymore witting there. It did quiet it down a little too. For the money, I would say go ahead and do it....it definately aint gonna hurt anything. I got mine from Dale Isley at TYMAR.........

kevin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good info guys. Thanks for it.

·
361 Posts
DieselDan hit it right. Smooths things out great. No leaks and yes, I would do it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts