The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I simplified the International Parts numbers document (found here) with a bookmarked version in this new PDF for anyone that wants to keep it handy. Also, the exploded diagrams with the FORD lookup numbers as well.
I'm new to the 7.3 so someone please double check my work here.
Hope this helps. :happymugs

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, just got back from a 30 min trip to a Ford dealer to get the HPOP kit and WTF??? $35 for 3 o-rings and some red loctite!?!? I know, I shoulda asked what the kit contained, but didn't.
Seriously, how the F do they justify the cost of these parts? Is rubber in short supply? Are they infused with gold?
ahhhhhh...I feel better. Now to get a beer! :happymugs

·
Another day in paradise
284 Posts
Go takem back and I'll send you some i got from McMaster Carr for free. That'll pissem off!:haha

Reactions: CAVPILOT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out and started wiping down my HPOP lines and the general area around it and when I grabbed the oil lines I noticed some play...ok, actually, it was quite a bit of play! :eek:
Is this the norm? I work on Blackhawk Helicopters, and when I grab a static hydraulic line that carries 3000psi, there is NO MOVEMENT at all. (These are quick disconnect fittings too that have o-rings installed.)
To me, it seems like there should be zero movement on the HPOP lines. Am I wrong?

:salute

1 - 5 of 5 Posts