The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I GOT THE NEW HPOP IN WITH THE UPGRADED STC ALREADY INSTALLED SO IS IT GOOD TO JUST INSTALL FROM THERE.

HOPEFULLY I WILL BE DOING THIS TODAY---------->:peelout

·
855 Posts
I have the new fitting and need to install it my self and a new pump would probaly be a good idea at the same time. Cant wait to hear the outcome from all this surgery that is being perform

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well surgery has been complete but still won't start....does it take a lot cranking

·
227 Posts
From what I have read, YES. not sure how much. they do say it takes a while to refill the system

·
506 Posts
Well surgery has been complete but still won't start....does it take a lot cranking
It's going to take a lot of cranking. I usually remove the icp sensor (on 04 and up trucks) and lay a shop rag over the valve cover before I start cranking to help purge the air out faster. It's a little messy but a lot quicker.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i am charging the batts now and please say a prayer....and to thanks fordsuper i will try that tomorrow removing the icp sensor... so a little recap.....

i have replaced...
hpop w/new stc
dummy plugs
standpipes

the dummy plugs came out and went right back in and the standpipes had to remove oil rail the right drivers side went right in the pass had to put half in and then put other half re-installed oil rail and everything else also did ccv reroute.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well i took the icp out and placed towel and keep checking oil......cranking about 10sec intervals....waited to check oil and did not register on stick so added more till the mid point of stick tried again and oil level was very bottom barely registered...so do i keep adding? where did the oil go?i really need this truck going or is it normal for it to take this long...had to stop started to rain. need any advice.

fordsuperduty-----when do i put icp back in or will it start with it out of valve cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts