The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a often discussed and highly debateable subject, but I am considering spending the money to get a good one. I would like to hear everyones opinion on this who is familiar with them. Also on some info and a good turbo. I'm not looking for record hp numbers, just a good all around setup. I pull a 48ft enclosed gooseneck every now and then and i am tired of the flat spot in power I have. Would it be wise to swap to a DP chip with these mods vs what i have? Thanks in advance.

·
0 Posts
There are a few different big oil options out there. Stealth, Terminator, BTS, Donkey, and "The Pulse" are the ones I am aware of.

All of them accomplish the same thing...to get a better shot out of the injectors. They may accomplish this in slightly different ways...but the end result is similar.

Here is a copy of my dyno graph showing before and after results of the addition of my Stealth pump. This is on a stock turbo and stock injectors.

Speak to all the builders of the pumps and get some information, see whats presented to you, and make your decision from that. Right now...only the make of the Stealth pump, Gary of Stecher Performance is a supporting vendor, and he has other distributers here as well.

Anyway...no matter which one you choose...the grin will be slow to leave your face after its in.

Dave

·
6,337 Posts
HPO is a great upgrade... But I would think of it as a last jump for me... Turbo, different tunes and maybe injectors then HPOP... But I am really waiting for Bobs Big single to come out...

·
61 Posts
Definitely get a better chip with the tunes you want, then a better turbo and lastly big oil. You might want to check your HPOP #'s to see where your at.

Cary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts